turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Black locust

Started by West Augusta, August 14, 2016, 10:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

West Augusta

I found out something neat about black locust.
If you ever want to find out if a piece of wood is black locust, shine a black Light on it. Black locust naturally flouresces.

No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

KentuckyHeadhunter

That's crazy Steve.  I wonder what other woods retain that property and what causes it.  Very interesting. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

jed clampett

Didn't know that very interesting!

outdoors

SOOOO THATS WHY I CANT GET A TURKEY WHEN I USE BLACK LOCUST STRIKER ?????????
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

mmclain

Dr Juice

Interesting. I wonder if game could pick up that light wave which is naturally unnoticed to our naked eye?

West Augusta

Quote from: Dr Juice on August 17, 2016, 05:28:22 AM
Interesting. I wonder if game could pick up that light wave which is naturally unnoticed to our naked eye?
I suppose it's possible but I've called in enough gobblers with a Black Locust striker that I'm not really worried about them seeing it.  How many high gloss pot calls do you use?  I'm more worried about them.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

TalksToTurkeys

outdoors

WOW THIS IS GETTING VERY. VERY INTERESTING   
IM OVER 60  AND STILL GETTING EDUCATED ...............
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

West Augusta

I'm 58. Never too old to learn.

KentuckyHeadhunter

Thanks for posting the link TTT.  That's very interesting indeed. 
Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

vt35mag

Pretty cool....
The question is, what we're you doing in the shop that required a blacklight? :)

West Augusta

I had a friend who is a pen maker make a black locust pen for me. While talking one day he mentioned that he thought black locust naturally flouresces. I bought a small black light flashlight at Wally world and thought I'd check out the theory. I was shocked at how bright it glows.