turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi-Shot® Hevi-13® Turkey Choke Tubes?

Started by mightyjoeyoung, April 04, 2011, 08:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyjoeyoung

I'm still looking for that "magic" choke for my SBE II.  Anybody know anything about the Heavy Shot brand tubes and have any results, good or bad with them?  I currently have on hand: Win. Elite Ext Range 6's in 3" and 3 1/2", 5/6/7 Mag Blends in 3" and 3 1/2", Heavy 13's in 3" and 3 1/2" 6's, Heavy HD 6's & 4's in 3" and 3 1/2" and an assortment of 3" and 3 1/2" lead loads.   I have an IC BDS on order but want to keep my options open...and give myself another excuse to try out more load/choke combos! :you_rock:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Gobble!

if you got the cash try them all

pure gold, rhino, jellyhead, that $150 choke, sumtoy chokes

I think its going to be tough to beat that pattern you got from your SSX

ElkTurkMan

I started using the Hevi 13 Tube last spring. I am Shooting an 870 special Purpose Mag 12GA, and I am shooting Hevi 13 3' #6's.  I got 181 in a ten inch cicle at 40 yards.  I know it's not the magic 200 count, but it's more than plenty for me.  I am pleased with it!

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Gobble! on April 04, 2011, 08:49:42 PM
if you got the cash try them all

pure gold, rhino, jellyhead, that $150 choke, sumtoy chokes

I think its going to be tough to beat that pattern you got from your SSX

Lol!  I haven't even seen one of the 150 dollar chokes!  Or a good pattern from one yet for that matter.  :deadhorse: I think maybe its just wishfull thinking that I'm gonna get a factory $1500 gun to shoot like my purpose built 835 turkey gun.  As far as having the cash...yes...sort of.  I have a girlfriend that DOES NOT hunt but loves shoes and purses and all that crap.  Did I say that out loud?! :lol:

allaboutshooting

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 04, 2011, 08:45:42 PM
I'm still looking for that "magic" choke for my SBE II.  Anybody know anything about the Heavy Shot brand tubes and have any results, good or bad with them?  I currently have on hand: Win. Elite Ext Range 6's in 3" and 3 1/2", 5/6/7 Mag Blends in 3" and 3 1/2", Heavy 13's in 3" and 3 1/2" 6's, Heavy HD 6's & 4's in 3" and 3 1/2" and an assortment of 3" and 3 1/2" lead loads.   I have an IC BDS on order but want to keep my options open...and give myself another excuse to try out more load/choke combos! :you_rock:

I've shot all of the models of the Hevi-13 chokes now with 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot. I'll do that as soon as possible with the #7 shot loads.

They are well made chokes, from excellent materials, well designed and shoot good patterns. Everyone that I've spoken with who's purchased one has also been very pleased with the patterns they throw.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

coyotetrpr

I have the Hevi 13 choke in an old Mosberg 835 with ported 24 inch barrel. I am currently shooting the mag blends and getting 270-280 holes in a 8.5x11 sheet of paper with 75-80 vital hits in the head and neck. This is at a long stepped 40 yds
Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: allaboutshooting on April 04, 2011, 11:19:11 PM
Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 04, 2011, 08:45:42 PM

I've shot all of the models of the Hevi-13 chokes now with 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shells with 2 oz. of #6 shot. I'll do that as soon as possible with the #7 shot loads.

They are well made chokes, from excellent materials, well designed and shoot good patterns. Everyone that I've spoken with who's purchased one has also been very pleased with the patterns they throw.

I hope that helps some.

Thanks,
Clark

Comming from you it does.  I definetly have grown to appreciate the wisdom of those with more experience than me and when it comes to matching up loads/guns to chokes you most definetly have the market cornered! :icon_thumright:

surehuntsalot

:TrainWreck1:

not putting any #'s that I'm going to get all excited about and rush out and buy one of these over priced and over rated pieces of steel
it's not the harvest,it's the chase