turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Franchi affinity question

Started by va wingbone, May 24, 2016, 12:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

va wingbone

Thinking about getting an affinity 12ga, I've not handled one but own a Stoeger M3500, is the Affinity less bulky that the Stoeger? I find the grip/neck to be a little too thick on the 3500
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Gumby

Yes it is more "streamlined" in its finish....at least seems that way to me. I don't have specific measurements

Horrendo Revolver

I own a 12 and a 20 gauge, they are definitely slimmer.
Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

va wingbone

That's what I was hoping to hear, I want an all around semi auto that's ultra light, ultra reliable and doesn't break the bank. Like most one here I am a fanatical turkey hunter both spring and fall but also dove hunt and chase rabbits with beagles.
"around here, turkey hunting is more like a religion than a pastime.getting close to nature, getting back to where we most belong is something we hold sacred.when we do get to take one home, we do so with reverence"

Gumby

va wingbone

Is the 12 really as light as Franchi's website says?

Gumby

I would say it's closer to 7lbs than the 6.4 they list

FL-Boss

that is a good gun. Also be sure to look at the Weatherby SA-08 - pretty cheap semi as well.

va wingbone

Thanks for the replies guys, but ended up buying a super black eagle for a price I couldn't pass up

SKFOOTER

Quote from: va wingbone on May 25, 2016, 08:24:40 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, but ended up buying a super black eagle for a price I couldn't pass up
If you bought the SBE2 you may wish that you had gone on and bought the Affinity.

reynolds243

Quote from: SKFOOTER on May 26, 2016, 02:10:41 PM
Quote from: va wingbone on May 25, 2016, 08:24:40 PM
If you bought the SBE2 you may wish that you had gone on and bought the Affinity.

I've owned both and still have the SBE2. Nothing against the affinity as I really liked it but I liked the fit and feel of the sbe2 much better

Joshua 24:15
"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

Sent from my phone sucka