1187 OG Bottomland

Started by rmokeefe1s, May 23, 2016, 06:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmokeefe1s

What's an 1187 with the old Bottomland pattern worth? 12 gauge 28" barrel

rmokeefe1s

This is the pattern I'm talking about.

Fieldturkey

It's probably worth 350-400 but they sell for more because people are crazy for those old Remington's

Farmboy27

I wouldn't pay more than 400 for one in excellent condition. Any original gun with that pattern is pushing 20 years old and is really no different mechanically than the new ones in breakup that you can pick up at dicks on sale for 500.

Izzyjoe

Last time I looked the 11-87 sportsman was $649 at dicks, used ones in that pattern bring a priemum!

casersmcdoo

I've owned a few, and seen lots more but I was under the impression the Original Bottomland Special Purpose guns were only made in 26" and 21" barrels. I may be wrong, but just what I thought.

yelpaholic

yes they were some made in the 28 inch but most were the 21 inchers

yelpaholic

somebody that wants the original camoed  guns will pay for one, your right they probably are no better than the newer ones, just kinda cool to have them in my opinion, but that's not worth much  :OGturkeyhead: :OGturkeyhead:

Farmboy27

Think of the money mossy oak could have saved in developing new camos over the years if they knew that 20+ years down the road their first pattern would be the "coolest"!  Lol

Longshanks

Strange how it all works. I can remember when people were tired of the old original bottomland, tree stand and green leaf and wanted the new camo patterns which seemed to be more effective. I think if I wanted that camo I would just buy a new gun, hunt with it until the camo was worn and then dip in original bottomland.

Izzyjoe

Quote from: Farmboy27 on May 24, 2016, 08:46:39 PM
Think of the money mossy oak could have saved in developing new camos over the years if they knew that 20+ years down the road their first pattern would be the "coolest"!  Lol
aint it funny how that works, I love that pattern, still have a shirt that pattern, but it's way to small just can't bring myself to toss it out!

casersmcdoo

What size is it? Ill take it and give it more life!! :)

cuppednlocked

One thing to think about for the new Remington vs the older Remington shotguns is the quality of manufacturing and the materials used.

I believe there is a vast difference in the quality of work on the older guns vs the newer guns.  The older guns are better in my opinion.  Look at the trigger guard of the new (plastic) and the old (metal) so see the difference in materials.

You may be able to get a new 11-87 for <$700 but I wouldn't want one when you can find the older guns, if you are patient, at less than that.

SKFOOTER

Exactly!!  The steel in the new Remingtons is a much cheaper grade than the steel used in the Remingtons of the '90's.  Those older models are much better built guns than the new ones.

Farmboy27

The steels harder?  This may be true, I don't have the equipment to check. Plastic trigger guards?  Mossbergs have plastic trigger guards and they are the most popular turkey guns out there. (Benellis have em too). The fact is that with proper care and cleaning, no one should ever wear out any modern gun hunting turkeys. I know several sporting clay shooters who have worn out a couple 11-87s each but then again they shoot 400 shots or more a week.