OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Commercial box call you would HUNT with!!!

Started by Happy hooker, May 10, 2016, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cottonmouth

Oh yeah- box call.....Redhead Jerry Martin sycamore and either walnut or mahogany. 

KYFrid

Another vote for the box cutter. That was actually my first box call I ever bought. Still have it and it still sounds pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Quote from: Cottonmouth on May 11, 2016, 11:57:41 PM
I bought a Quaker Boy slate last year on clearance for $2. I think it's called the rimshot.  I called in 7 birds with it this year.
Now, that's a great investment :-)

Tombo

I don't think any box sounds any better than a Woodhaven real hen cherry. I have several custom box calls and the Woodhaven sounds as good or better than any I've run.

Va3toes

packmule

Quote from: paboxcall on May 10, 2016, 10:48:19 PM
I would hope they had a stash of Rohm Brothers short boxes.  All killers.

Totally agree!

KansasGobbler

Why of course...my Lohman Pump Action Yelper...and in deer season it would have to be the Acorn Cruncher...devastating calls in the timber :funnyturkey:

GobbleNut

Best thing to do is ask the gobbler you are calling to which one he likes best.... ;D :toothy12:

mudhen

"Lighten' up Francis"  Sgt Hulka

wvmntnhick

For years, will Primos could have spit in a bottle, slapped his name on it and told me it attracted deer by the thousands. I'd have bought it. The only calls I have now that aren't custom still carry the Primos name. Guess you could say I'm a sucker but if I'm buying anything production for myself, it'll be a Primos. The box cutter was my go to box for years. Recently, I've played with a "hook up" box that sounded awesome. Either of those could ride with me in a pinch.

Boykin Hollow

Maestro slate calls by Paul Butski is a great sounding slate call off the shelf.  I have seen them at Academy Sports and Optics Planet.com.  Good luck !!!

beakbuster10

I've got a h.s. Strut field champion ($12 box) that's I got when I was about 10. I dropped in on concrete and chipped a piece of the plastic (yes PLASTIC) sound board and that call had killed more turkeys than every other call in my vest combined. Everyone that hears the call can't believe how much turkey is in it, and I still can't some days. But I don't complain when gobblers come running to their death more times than not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TerryLNanny

Had my Primos Box Cutter laying behind my truck seat over the winter, got cracked, glue it back as best I could. Sounds as good as ever. Got my 2 Gobbler limit with it this year.
The Gobblers I've had the pleasure calling in have never been the same.

outdoors

Woodhaven real hen cherry @ Poplar I have both , the cherry has ALITTLE more rasp
Than the poplar .........
Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field