Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Commercial box call you would HUNT with!!!

Started by Happy hooker, May 10, 2016, 07:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vt35mag

Quote from: jepcho on May 10, 2016, 10:59:59 PM
Quote from: Vaughnrp2 on May 10, 2016, 09:08:47 PM
Primos Heartbreaker is not a bad call.
I agree. Still have mine although I haven't used it in a few years. Nice call

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Mine never leaves the vest.  I have a few custom box calls, and I still cannot bring myself to go into the woods without my Heartbreaker.  Cannot believe they aren't making them anymore, the Heritage Series they are making now aren't half as good.

lmbhngr

Quaker boy Grand Old Master. I still have mine from 1993 has called in 95% of my birds. First call in my vest every year

drenalinld

yelpaholic

Happy hooker

In the spirit of the just run Kentucky Derby!!!

Looks like Heartbreaker,Lynch and boxcutter are in a dead heat,,,who's gonna pull away or maybe some long shot now shows.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Bowguy on May 11, 2016, 04:53:36 AM
Cody, imo make some of the only decent production calls

Thats what I was thinking, a cody one sider is probably the best sounding box i've picked up and played in a cabelas... If I left all my calls at home and had nothing at all I would literally fill a bath tube with tears missing my customs than drive to a sporting goods store and buy a cody box, zink pot call, and a small selection of woodhaven and zink mouth calls along with a HS power crow call.I'd be pretty sad though cuz I wouldn't be able to find a scratch box in a cabelas/bass pro type store
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

mspaci

Quote from: lmbhngr on May 11, 2016, 07:39:19 AM
Quaker boy Grand Old Master. I still have mine from 1993 has called in 95% of my birds. First call in my vest every year

This

Bowguy

Quote from: TauntoHawk on May 11, 2016, 08:59:35 AM
Quote from: Bowguy on May 11, 2016, 04:53:36 AM
Cody, imo make some of the only decent production calls

Thats what I was thinking, a cody one sider is probably the best sounding box i've picked up and played in a cabelas... If I left all my calls at home and had nothing at all I would literally fill a bath tube with tears missing my customs than drive to a sporting goods store and buy a cody box, zink pot call, and a small selection of woodhaven and zink mouth calls along with a HS power crow call.I'd be pretty sad though cuz I wouldn't be able to find a scratch box in a cabelas/bass pro type store
Had a Holei cherry one sider. My nephew started this year, in NJ you must have a call on you to hunt. That box was hard to give up but he's worth it. Woodhaven makes decent calls too but theyre too proud of em. Prices are nuts

grayfox

Quote from: SteelerFan on May 10, 2016, 08:19:49 PM
Find a clerk / employee... ask for assistance. Tell them you are going to buy a call, but you want to try it first - out of the package, right there in the store. Pick what you like from there.

X2

WildTigerTrout

Quote from: drenalinld on May 11, 2016, 08:24:06 AM
Primos Heart Breaker or Box Cutter.
x2 I own both and they sound very good. My Heartbreaker has a fiddleback grain purpleheart lid. Nicest wood I have seen on a production call. Although no longer in production I will add the Little Heartbreaker and the Battleship boat paddle to the list.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Swampchickin234

I bought a primos bamboozied box call last year at walmart for 3 bucks on clearance. Yep, 3 bucks. It was like in June.   Carried it almost every day this year

Tried another one in a store and it sucked.   I just got lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swampchickin234

But I like that box cutter.  Need to pull it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MISSISSIPPI Double beard

They call him...Kenny..Kenny

coyote1

Lynch fool proof. At least the one i have sounds good.

Cottonmouth

I bought a Quaker Boy slate last year on clearance for $2. I think it's called the rimshot.  I called in 7 birds with it this year.