OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hookbuster 3 glass/slate call

Started by 2dogs1name, May 04, 2016, 09:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2dogs1name

jed clampett

I would think you break the surface with the heavy grit and then smooth it with rhe finer paper

2dogs1name

Quote from: jed clampett on May 04, 2016, 11:02:51 PM
I would think you break the surface with the heavy grit and then smooth it with rhe finer paper

Agree...I think it's just a cost saving issue with the single grit paper....

gobblerman87

Not sure the price but didn't it seem like the sealant is a little sloppy on the edge and the holes look rough like they weren't properly sanded and filed but it just kinda looks like it was rushed to be built maybe it's just the way in looking at it but some you see are really smooth and clean and look really nice

2dogs1name

Quote from: gobblerman87 on May 10, 2016, 07:46:10 AM
Not sure the price but didn't it seem like the sealant is a little sloppy on the edge and the holes look rough like they weren't properly sanded and filed but it just kinda looks like it was rushed to be built maybe it's just the way in looking at it but some you see are really smooth and clean and look really nice
...seems like it was rushed for sure...mass production for the spring season is my guess, or a new hire...sounds good however...

gobblerman87

Yea mass production seems to be a big problem nowadays I would like to hear a video of it being used if you have the time you could send me a pm or post it on here and let
Me kno thanks

2eagles

Quote from: gobblerman87 on May 16, 2016, 08:54:51 AM
Yea mass production seems to be a big problem nowadays I would like to hear a video of it being used if you have the time you could send me a pm or post it on here and let
Me kno thanks

He gives a demo and instructions on his web site. His call was the top rated call by Sports Afield (I think) a couple years ago. I do really like his mouth calls.