Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I'm Done

Started by honker22, May 03, 2016, 09:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

honker22

Well, I believe my season has officially ended.  Between family and work, I do not believe I will make an OOS trek... maybe next year... or at least that is what I say every year at this time.  It was a great season with a La limit and I got to take a boy that survived brain cancer a few times.  My hunts were pretty good but seeing him kill his second and 3rd birds of his life was awesome.

I had intentions of hunting last weekend MS but the weather was awful, and I got an invite from a friend to go to New Orleans for the Zurich Golf Tournament.  Most of you probably don't give a hoot about golf, but I need something to do in the offseason.  Long story, short, I drive to N.O. (my buddy happens to be on the Saints), we spend the day walking the course with a nice fellow from ESPN.  He invites us to go eat dinner with him and Rickie so we accept.  At 845 PM, I am eating sushi and drinking saki, party of 5, with Rickie Fowler across the table.  He picked up the tab and I now have a random-as-heck story to tell.

Good luck to those still hunting!
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

wvmntnhick

That's cool as heck man. Congrats on a fun trip and the awesome story. Congrats on the birds you took as well.

hookedspur

Congrats on a fine season man.
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions