turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

HEVI-Shot Question

Started by Jayhawkeye, April 03, 2011, 07:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayhawkeye

Has anyone here ever tried to pattern any of the other HEVI-Shot products/shells through a turkey choke?  HEVI-Shot Goose, Duck, Pheasant, Etc?  Thanks.
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

SumToy

I had a friend that shot the duck load 7's  11/4 to find his mom something to shoot.  He got 191 at 40 with them.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

bird

I tried the ducks load before and they didn't pattern for squat through a turkey choke.

SumToy

We had a smaller choke in his gun.  He put a 642 in it with the load only having the 11/4oz of shot.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Timberline

I had a buddy shoot the 2 ¾" Hevi-Shot  7.5's Duck loads through a Winchester  1400 with a JH .660 choke at 51 degrees.

He got 145 at 40 yards and 84 at 50 yards.

Jayhawkeye

thanks.  i'll try some out this summer.
Rock Chalk Jayhawks!!!  Gobble, Gobble, Gobble...  Go KU!!!

Reloader

The older 20ga hevi 7.5 1-1/4oz duck loads pattern great from turkey chokes.  Darn things don't even have buffer, but they throw a heck of a pattern.