OldGobbler

OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Camo shortage/lack of funds-alternatives?

Started by nolimit679, April 03, 2011, 03:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PANYHunter

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on April 11, 2011, 06:04:15 PM
Take that camo outside.  Hose it off.  Then take it to the laundrymat and wash it...a couple times or three.  So it got some black stuff on it...so what?  You get blood and guts and goodness knows what else when you hunt don't you?  If my camo got doused like that you can bet with the money I got into it, I'm gonna be washing it off short of nuclear fall out!  Unless...you're looking for an excues just to get new camo?? :toothy12:

That's kinda what I was thinking.  A couple of those rubber made totes for storage wouldn't hurt either

Bagg-it Tag-it

Camo is over-rated. Not saying it is unimportant but I wear two or three different types with no regard to whether it matches or not and never had any problems. Stay still.

TurkeyRookie

From my very limited experience i have to agree with Bagg-it Tagg-it. When I shot my first on Sunday I was wearing cheap camo shirt and pants that didn't match. My sleeves were pushed up and I had my watch on. No face cover or anything, just a camo hat. I just put my slate down near my leg so he wouldn't see me moving my hand when I called while I held up the gun with my right and rested it on my knee. Just my humble opinion.
12 ga. Ithaca M37 Featherlight New Model, Briley Super Turkey choke.

mightyjoeyoung

As far as camo being over rated...I say as long as you keep movement to an absolute MINIMUM, you can get away with most any "natural" toned clothing.  I shot quite a few big gobblers with just a pair of brown wool pants and a green plaid woolrich button up shirt!  Now I use the latest camo in all the latest patterns and do I kill more birds?  Eh...maybe, but id like to think my woodsman skills are what get me my birds, not what my under armour...
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.