OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Dream Gun

Started by golfernash, April 21, 2016, 10:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shellwaster

Winchester 1300 NWTF 20 gauge and its big bother the 1300 NWTF 12 gauge

Sealbilly

Quote from: SnapT on April 22, 2016, 01:15:48 AM
Matt/PA    that is awesome !!!
Yes it is!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

owlhoot

Quote from: SnapT on April 22, 2016, 01:15:48 AM
Matt/PA    that is awesome !!!
X2 on that one. Shoot now i miss my Black power double. It was sure fun patterning and hunting with gun.

Tombo

Money no object?  Then it would be a James Purdey axe 2 sets of barrels one set 20ga the other 28ga. Both sets regulated to poi, both choked exclusively for TSS shot. And ceracoated mossy oak bottomland.  I have an m2 20ga camo that does the same job though.

BayouGobbler

Got all ill need but my favorite is my 1985 Auto 5 Magnum with the 30 inch barrel

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Happy

Would stick with my 835. It works.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

dzsmith

as far as a pump I own an 870 that's pretty custom to begin with. ive always wanted a Ithaca turkey slayer but having never shot one or seen one, or even know anyone whose owned one I cant really say its a dream gun.

in the automatics, that would be a tough call as I like just about every automatic ive handled, berretta, benelli, 1187s, and brownings. I just like a pump, I got lucky to have an 870 that threw a good pattern stock much less after all ive done to it
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Horrendo Revolver

Got mine last Friday, Weatherby SA-459 Turkey 20 gauge.  Just ordered a red dot for it and a Sumtoy choke.  It is my first dedicated turkey shotgun.
Assistant Secretary - U.S. Dry Bean Council

Tail Feathers

I've hunted with an 870, an 835, an SX3, a Beretta 390 and a CVA single shot.  I find myself gravitating to the single shot.  It's so light and compact and patterns well to 40 yards with the HW 7's...it's a joy to hunt with.
The SX3 (20 ga) is a pleasure to shoot but the short overall length of that CVA keeps me pulling it from the gunsafe.
I'd get the Purdy's too tho...just for the sake of carrying something that fine!
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

sixbird

Be hard to beat a Browning A-5...Either that or Benelli SBE II...

wvmntnhick

Mine would be custom built. It weigh about as much as a golf ball, shoot a 4.5" super magnum shell, throw about 600 #9 TSS into the 10" circle with another 300-400 in the 20", kick like a 22 long rifle, sound like a mouse fart and look an awful lot like the mossberg 835 I've gotten fond of carrying. That's the gun for me.

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Matt / PA on April 21, 2016, 10:45:28 PM
It's going to be a little different than most I imagine, but I actually just got my dream gun this year....
20ga English styled flintlock fowler built using a 38" Colerain turkey barrel

30yd patterns like this everytime with nickle plated #5s

20yds is nasty! :OGturkeyhead:

love that gun , could you tell me more about it , I especially like the turkey ingraving on the side
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

greencop01

:camohat: Got mine already an 870 Turkey/Predator SPS, great gun, so far a Tom slayer for sure.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Fullfan

Also just picked up a 20 ga. Not sure it is a dream gun, but will be a dream to carry at about 6 pounds.
TSS has made the 20ga more lethal than the factory loaded turkey ammo.

Don't gobble at me...

BINK McCARTY

I pretty much got mine,but $$$ being no issue Rob Roberts gobbler guns in Arkansas, the one incidentially that does ALL Benelli's custom guns both waterfowl & turkey. But mine would be a SBE 2 24" Bbl. trimmed with all the bells & whistles....lengthened & polished forcing cones,EDM ported bbl.,speedbead system with Burris FF3 with a custom Final Strut choke tube that fires the Federal Heavyweight #7 shot the best.....But then again,I pretty much have that now!!!! Also as good as the 20ga. ammo is nowadays the same gun except in 20 gauge!!!!