turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Dream Gun

Started by golfernash, April 21, 2016, 10:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golfernash

If money was no issue, which turkey gun would you buy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sealbilly

M1 super 90 or M2, from ducks to geese and turkey, dove and home defense.  Jack of all trades master of all trades.  Turkey is next.  Had it for a decade and it's been bomb proof.  Just now setting it up for tukeys.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Matt / PA

It's going to be a little different than most I imagine, but I actually just got my dream gun this year....
20ga English styled flintlock fowler built using a 38" Colerain turkey barrel

30yd patterns like this everytime with nickle plated #5s

20yds is nasty! :OGturkeyhead:

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

wmn2

I"m gonna have to say SBE II with steady grip stock dipped in bottomland or a SX3 longbeard dipped in bottomland. I'd try as many chokes as I could. Either gun would be topped with a FFIII.

SnapT

Matt/PA    that is awesome !!!

Hooks' n' Beards'

Browning Bps 12 ga  "NWTF" 3.5" 24"   I already own it.

coonhunter

Browning Maxus dipped in bottom land
Joshua 24:15

SCDieselDawg

I already own my dream gun, 26" camo SBE II. So the next on my got to have list is a Browning Maxxus

jac63

I grew up on what was my dream gun. An AH Fox SxS choked F&F with 30" barrels. It was no longer overall than a pump or SA with 24" barrel. I killed a lot of turkeys with that old gun that had been my grandfathers from back in 1913. I finally retired it to the safe as it was starting to occasionally double fire and I decided the max loads I used for turks were to stout for it. After that I went through a lot of guns looking for something that satisfied me. Took years and way to much money to figure out what I wanted. I wouldn't call what I'm using a dream gun but it is completely functional for my purposes. A semi-auto 3" 12 gauge, 20" barrel & extended XF choke, with a cantlevered barrel for a telescopic sight for my less than perfect eye sight. I also wanted affordable and reliable, and looks didn't matter. In fact I wanted a gun that I wouldn't be concerned about dragging through whatever I ran across from mud to bug spray. What I'm using today fit all those parameters, an ugly & functional Stoger M2000. I guess I just never much of a dreamer.

Izzyjoe

I have mine, an 870 special purpose made in the late 80's. It has a parkerized matte finish, and dark stained walnut wood. My father give it to me many years ago, and it shows a lot of wear, but I'm as proud of it as I would be a high dollar shotgun! I have taken a lot of critters with it, it's still in the truck waiting on 5am!

WildSpur

Got mine. 870 shurshot. 

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Cluck more, yelp less

Longshanks

Beretta Xtrema 2
Knight TK 2000 NWTF Edition

DirtNap647

The Browning maxus I bought last year