turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Star Dot

Started by hawk, April 03, 2011, 10:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk

Anyone know anything about Star Dot chokes? Good,OK, not so good? Are they rated for HTL? American made? etc.

natman

I have a Star Dot choke for my Mossberg 500. I would expect that it will handle HTL as well as any other choke of similar constriction. I bought mine at a gun show years ago. I posted a picture to get an ID and found out that they are no longer made. They must be well thought of because three guys offered to buy it.

SR1

They are no good send it to me and I will get rid of it for you lol. That choke is a very good one to be useing you are gona like it.
Death Smiles At Everyone - Marines Smile Back
Artillery Brings Dignity to What Would Otherwise Be Just A Vulgar Brawl
Happiness Is A Belt-Fed Weapon
[/url]

BowBendr

The StarDot is the best choke i've ever ran in my 835.
It shoots both lead and htl extremely well.

3" 870 Shell Shucker

I tried one in my good ol' 870 last year, and the Hevi13 patterns were very tight at 40 yards, but the Lead patterns were nothing special at 40.  I ended up either trading or selling that RemChoke Star Dot.  My Indian Creek .665 was shooting good at the time.

I picked up a new INV+ BPS this year, and I also picked up a Star Dot for it.  It shoots tight patterns with Hevi13 at 40 yards.  The Lead patterns at 30-35 yards are awesome, but I didn't try Lead at 40.  I fully intend to keep this INV+ Star Dot, and I may not even try any other turkey chokes in my BPS. 

I tried more than 10 turkey chokes in my 870, and I don't care to go down that road again with my BPS.

surehuntsalot

the best choke I ever put in my 835
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

goblr77