turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can a Benelli trigger be worked?

Started by Mallards Only, April 03, 2011, 10:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mallards Only

Too much travel in my M2.  Makes me want to slap it or flinch on the shot.  Has anyone ever had their trigger lightened up by a gunsmith?

Hognutz

I had a trigger job done on an older Nova. It went from 12# to about 7#. It can be done. To what extent, I'm not sure..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Mallards Only

My local smith says it can't be done(either that, or he doesn't know how).  Has anyone had theirs done and, if so, can you give me the contact information for the gunsmith who did it so I can send it to him?

Hay Flats

Give Briley or Angle Port a call they both build Comp. guns so I think they should be able to fix you up, Angle Port did the trigger on my Xtrema and it was killer!

Kurt

1iagobblergetter

I'd contact Rob Roberts at Gobbler Guns. He'd be able to tell ya.

turkeytromp

Rob smithed my SBEII and the trigger breaks like glass at 4lb. Polished trigger sear lighter spring,heavier inertia spring installed, forcing cone lengthened,deep clean lightly polished & ported barrel, polished action, forarm weight added and a custom hevi shot choke .668 getting average 370-385 pellets hevi-13 3-1/2" #7's in a 10" circle at 40 yrds. The man is a genious on benellis in my opinion!

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: turkeytromp on April 05, 2011, 05:19:07 PM
Rob smithed my SBEII and the trigger breaks like glass at 4lb. Polished trigger sear lighter spring,heavier inertia spring installed, forcing cone lengthened,deep clean lightly polished & ported barrel, polished action, forarm weight added and a custom hevi shot choke .668 getting average 370-385 pellets hevi-13 3-1/2" #7's in a 10" circle at 40 yrds. The man is a genious on benellis in my opinion!

Just askin here, but why would you want to lengthen AND pollish the forcing cone on a SBE II when the  forcing cones and barrels are chrome plated...thus ruining the plating job??  I know Benelli does a factory upgrade to the "Super Turkey"...I only ever sold one on special order to a guy back in I think 2006 when I worked retail.  I think he paid around $2600.00 for the rig.  Nice gun too!  Don't remember what sight came on it then though.  I will be the first to admit that factory SBE II triggers are dogs (I am going to get mine smithed too), but when I got to shoot a "Super Turkey" I saw no difference in how it cycled or recoiled.  I mean how much longer can you lengthen the forcing cone anyway...3/8"?   The trigger was BEAUTIFUL though!  Did in fact brake like the trigger on my custom 835...like glass and not too light...just nice and crisp and all of the upgrades you mentioned in fact are in their(Benelli's) add on the website almost verbatum actually.  Did you  buy a SBE II stock and then PAY to get those mods, which would just have to be way more expensive than to get the factory upped gun?  I just can't see where the extra grand at least comes from in tuning an already very smooth gun.  JMO though.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

turkeytromp

Mighty joe,
The upgrades that were done on my gun are to specs similiar of the benelli turkey special pretty much,Does this improve the performance of the gun compaired to factory stock gun?...You Bet! purchased this gun new last year it shot ok in patterning for turkey and I now am shooting a completely different gun. The gun was upgraded in every aspect to the turkey special gun minus the handgrip stock that is on the turkey special.The barrels are re-criod and plated after the cones and porting are complete so you are not giving up the chrome plating of the barrel. I feel that it was worth every penny compaired to factory stock gun that I once had. I used to get an average of 150-185 #7 hevi pellets in a 10" at 40,now I am consistently getting 340-360 in a much evenly pattern at 40 yards in a 10" circle, so yeh I think it is worth that let alone the 3-1/2" feels like shooting a 3" shell as well.Its a smooth piece, I like it.

mightyjoeyoung

Nice!  I was actually thinking of semi-super upping my SBE II...to a degree.  If I may ask, what did your ups run you? BI had the cone eased and pollished and the bore chromed on my 835 but that was years ago.  I don't want an action hone (a $1600.00 gun better be smooth from the get) but I def. want the trigger done and the barrel work done.  I already have the speed bead and the FF weaver mount conversion for my other 835 and a steady grip sitting in the corner.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.