Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Can SBE II safety be easily reversed for a LEFTY?

Started by Clay, February 09, 2011, 09:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clay

Guys, just picked up my new SBE II.  I bought a right handed model even though I'm a lefty as that's what I've been shooting all my life and I'm most comfortable with them.  My question is how difficult is it to reverse the safety to Left hand?  Is that something I can do myself, or do I need to find a gunsmith to do the work?  Does anyone have any experience in doing that and maybe be able to provide some guidance?

Clay

Hognutz

I believe that it can. Go to the Benelli forum and search it. Tucker 301 has indepth instructuctions on it, I do believe.Hope this helps..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

HogBiologist

Certified Wildlife Biologist

jwill

Real easy, I've done a couple. Pull the trigger group out and there's a little pin that you punch out that holds a little spring that hold the safety in. Then, just put the safey in the other side and put it back together.

turkeytromp

Yes it is an easy modification just like jwill has described to you, A hunting buddy I know is a lefty and he has changed his safety on his SBEII.

Clay

Thanks guys!  I made the switch today and it was easy as pie!  Much, much appreciated.