turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi-Shot 13

Started by Hootowl, April 02, 2011, 11:43:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hootowl

After expermenting with several loads I have come to love Hevi-SHOT 13 AT 50 YARDS i AM GETTING 147 Pellets in a 10" circle,and at 30 yards I blowing a Hole in the Plywood, So i set Now com on April 12, Headed to Kansas, where we meetig for Breakfest Guys......

Hoot

SpringFever

Havnt shot the Hevi yet but after reading all about it on here I had to order a couple boxes! Cant wait for their arrival! Im heading to Nebraska April 21. Cant come soon enough. Good luck in Kansas, another great turkey state.

Basin_hunter

I shoot the hevi 13 magnum blends. I am very impressed with the performance. I will be up in Northeast Kansas On April 14th. Gonna try to down 2 more birds with the magnum blends !
In fall we rut, in spring we strut

kyhareraiser

i've used hevi-shot since they have come out..up to 50 yard kills at a gobbler leaving town (so to speak) but he never got on his flight lol... bought some hevi-shot  5,6,7 mag blend shells for my grandsons 20 ga..guess we will know how they do after i take him out this season,,,we hope lol

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

West Augusta

Yep, I am going to use Hevi - 13 Mag Blend 5.6.7's this year also.  :z-guntootsmiley:
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

turkey slayer

I agree the mag blend is a awesome load!!

ElkTurkMan

I switched to Hevi-13 last spring, and I will never shoot anything else.  The stuff is absolutely fantastic!  I'm shooting 3" 2oz #6's

bowhunter84

WyoHunter

Love those Hevi-13 7's!
If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!

30_06

I like the Hevi-13 #7's as well.

Hootowl

Iam going to give it a try next year the Heavy 13 #7's But A buddy shot the Heavy Shot Mag Blend and loves it, so I have some options, What is the reason for using 7's on Heavy shot? I  with 5's this year and could shoot out to 55 yards.

honker22

More pellets, MUCH better patterns, better performance all around. And they are still deadly from 50 yards and in.  Shoot a patterning board with the hevi 5s and then try 6s and 7s.  you will see

147 pellets in a 10" circle at 50 yards with Hevi 5s is almost unheard of!!!  If that is what you are getting and it's a good, even pattern, then stick with that.
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

mossy835

Used mag blend last year, patterned #7s this year and was impressed. I really think mag blend or straight 7s will do the job.

Hootowl

Thanks  honker22
                              Will be looking for some aas the sales should be startin up Here, season is almost over, 4 me it was over day 1 in Indiana.