OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rustic Barn Wood Turkey Plaques

Started by cornfedkiller, April 11, 2016, 10:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornfedkiller

Decided I'd start making some turkey tail fan plaques again.  These are made out of rustic barn wood, and are a nice way to display your tail fan and beard. 

I don't have any made right now, but I will be making a few next week, so I will have them to you shortly if you order one.

I can also make different shaped ones, so if you find something online you like, let me know and I will see if I can make it!  For instance, I can do one that has a box call lid for the bottom piece, or depending on the state, I can make a state for the top piece.  Only so many states' shape work well for that though (Iowa, Ohio, Missouri, Texas, Wisconsin, etc..)

Here are a couple I made last year..

$25 tyd.

Mike Honcho

wvhoyt19

Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyote1

slicksbeagles1

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Drthorn

I just might be contacting you soon.

Spring Creek Calls

Those look great. I'll take one. PM me your payment info. Mike
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

cornfedkiller

Quote from: slicksbeagles1 on April 13, 2016, 11:19:49 AM
are the box call lid type 25 also

Yep!

Anyone that has placed an order with me up to this point will get the $25 price, but because of the extra time and work involved with the states plaques, they will be $30.

Standard ones are still $25 tyd!

ncwoodsman

Cornfedkiller - I will take one just like you show in the picture. Pm me your paypal info. Thanks!

cornfedkiller

Thanks for all the orders guys!  I have been on a hunting trip and now have to leave town for work for the next several days, so thank you for your patience! 

I have been doing a little tinkering in the garage the last couple evenings and will have a run of them completed shortly.

I will be posting pictures as I finish them, and taking more orders in the meantime!

Good luck to everyone this spring.

mote1977

Eddie12

Tagged...these look really nice might have to get one. Is there a way to hang the spurs using a piece of leather or something around the beard? Thanks.
Stoeger M3000

cornfedkiller

Quote from: Eddie12 on April 21, 2016, 01:30:30 PM
Tagged...these look really nice might have to get one. Is there a way to hang the spurs using a piece of leather or something around the beard? Thanks.

Thanks for your interest.  I'm not sure exactly how you would hang the spurs, as I keep mine separate from my tail fan mounts, but I see numerous pictures on the Internet of guys doing it on their plaques, so I don't really see a reason why you couldn't! 

Shoot me a PM if you decide you want one.

I'll be in the garage this evening cutting a bunch of them out, then they just have to get the edges sanded and hit with the router, and they'll be sent out!

Thanks again guys.

coyote1

Quote from: Eddie12 on April 21, 2016, 01:30:30 PM

Hot glue leather to back of the plaque, run it through leg bone, cut plastic off a fired shell, punch primer out and hot glue other end of leather inside the brass. Works really well.

Cornfed if this idea sways more people to buy a plaque, save one for me please. Only reason i haven't bought one is my season hasn't started yet and i'm a little superstitious.