OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

anyone shoot an H&R 12 guage single shot

Started by KYHeadhunter02, April 10, 2016, 05:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

Anyone use one. Mine will shoot 3 inch shells and kicks like a mule. I'm thinking about using it when I have to walk a lot. Anyone know how it patterns?

Izzyjoe

Wow, you must be immune to pain! You will have to shoot it to be sure, I have a NEF 20ga. that will not pattern anything very well, it has a 22" barrel. But I have another one with a longer barrel that is like night and day!

woodsrunner

Remove buttplate/ recoil pad and put some weight in there. If it's synthetic it'll hold a ton of shot. Throws off any balance, but, it does help with the recoil.

Good hunting--woodsrunner

kdfester

My topper deluxe  has a factory turkey choke and shoots the 3in triple beard well. Only patterned it at 33yds but was nice and even and point was on. It packs a punch and I haven't maned up to shoot a 3.5in through it. I am planning on shooting it again this week if I can and weather holds out. I'll try for pictures.

tha bugman

Heh heh...try shooting the 10 ga model if you really want a whallop...actually I don't think recoil is bad in mine....its muzzle jump that is frustrating to me!

kdfester

I guess lucky for me mine seems to come straight back and not rear so much upwards.

lowoctane

NEF single here. Very light and easy to carry. Mine has tubes so good patterns. Remember, yer gonna carry it A LOT!
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

tleitch1865

I have a 20ga pump and it patterns better than any of my 12ga guns. just a good solid gun.

tleitch1865

I have a 20ga pump and it patterns better than any of my 12ga guns. just a good solid gun. doez not kick and aslo going to add a kicklite stock.