OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Heavy Shot - 5 and 10 round boxes

Started by timbrhuntr, February 09, 2011, 08:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timbrhuntr

Does this make sense? I was at Cabelas today. They just got in a shipment of heavy shot 20 gauge ammo. They had boxes of 10 and 5. I wanted the 3",#6,1.25 oz. I looked at the boxes and even asked the sales clerk. He said they all appeared to be exactly the same except for the price. The boxes were identical except the quantity and the price sticker.The box of 10 was 25.99 and the box of 5 was 21.99. Huh !  ??? I bought some boxes of 10. 

3.5inchpainfulldeath

sounds like a good almost buy one get one deal.....  Id say   :z-inlove: Cabela's

VAHUNTER

Good things come to those who wait

Basser69

Sounds like you stole that second box!

sugarray

Did they have #7, and will you ship me a 10 count box?

redarrow

Sounds like the box of 5 was mis marked. Maybe should of been $12.99

ghillie

more like the 10rd box was mis tagged...that is a steal!!  nice find!!

redarrow

What do they normally go for this year. I gave $25.99 at Cabelas last year for the 10 box.

shootumindaface

Bass Pro closed out their 10 boxes last year for something stupid like 12 dollars.. I would be real careful when that box runs out, with EM you never know if something has changed from one year to the next.. Them would be 2 year old loads most likely

TrkyHntr

I was in Academy Sports the other day and they had the 5 rounds boxes for $12.99 and the 10's for $25.99.

Shane
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

ShotgunDave

They're having a $5/box rebate on their turkey loads right now too.  Up to $20 per household.  Just scroll down and print the appropriate rebate form...

http://www.hevishot.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=16&Itemid=65

timbrhuntr

The sales clerk in the firearms section told me it was a brand new shipment that just came in for this years turkey season. He was pricing all the boxes those prices as he put them on the shelf from the shipment box.  He pointed it out to me because he couldn't figure out why anyone would pay 21.99 for 5 when they could get 10 for 4 dollars more. They only had them in #5 and #6 for the 20 gauge I didn't look at the 12 gauge stock. The only difference in the boxes was some said heavy 13 on the box others didn't. I bought a box of each and found today at the range they shot the same. I had around 200 in a 10 inch circle at 30 yds.

hookedspur

buy them when you find them they are hard to find around here. :icon_thumright:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions