turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Federal strut shok

Started by daddyduke, April 04, 2016, 10:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daddyduke

Shot 20 GA 3" 1 1/4 #5s thru Remington 870 compact 21 inch barrel. Undertaker non ported choke. 119 in 10" at 35 yards. Wind was cranking. Also tried mag shok lead #5  with fcw thru same choke and REM full. Not good.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

NYlogbeards

That's not a bad pattern with the Strut Shok for being at 35yards, maybe a Carlson's or another choke may or may not be better and with less wind might have better pellet count... I'll be shooting some Fed Struts and Win xx next week with my Mossy 500 and Carlson's .585 EF choke maybe I'll have similar results.

cluck

Daddyduke,   Could you please tell us the product number on the federal 3 inch 1 1/4 ounce number 5 shot that you put 119 in a 10 inch circle at 35 yards. Are they called Thugs? Do clean the barrel between shots? That's diffintely a good shooter!! Tell us more if you can. Looking forward to hearing more. Iam impressed!!     Cluck.   :turkey2:

cluck

Just a little more. I shoot a 11-87 20 gauge with 21 inch barrel. Federal 1 5/16 ounce number 5 shot with flight control wad. I got 92 in a 10 inch circle and thought that was good but yours might keep at least 100 in a 10 inch at 40 yards. Have you tried 40 yards? Mine was 35 yards also.     Cluck

daddyduke

FT 258F 5   Strut-Shok Magnum turkey load. Not turkey thugs box but looked at thugs i bought last year the bottom of box said Strut-Shok Magnum turkey load. Seem to pattern the same for me. Didn't try any farther than 35 yards. I decided early on that 35 would be max for me. Like them 30 or less. Getting them in close is as much of a challenge for me as shooting them. In six years of hunting I've got 6.
Colossians 3:12 Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

turkeykiller41

Do they make them in a number 6 shot.

daddyduke

Haven't seen them in #6s. Federal doesn't even list 20 GA on their website.