turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Proph

Started by Jbird22, April 01, 2016, 11:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jbird22

When building a call that has a latex top reed over two proph (.0025) reeds do you typically stretch with less tension than a call that's all latex? I'm not looking for anyone to tell me the number just a better idea of where to start.

Lonehowl

Depends on what you like, for me, I do typically stretch a bit less for that setup.
Mark

Jbird22

GobbleNut

I agree.  I put very little tension in secondary proph reed material.  For me, putting much tension in those reeds seems to make the front-end break-over on yelps more difficult, as well as have too high a pitch.  It also gives clucks/cuts, and most other calls, too high a pitch, in my opinion. 

It would be interesting to hear from others on this to see if anybody thinks otherwise. 

Gooserbat

I like a lighter stretch as well.
NWTF Booth 1623
One of my personal current interests is nest predators and how a majority of hunters, where legal bait to the extent of chumming coons.  However once they get the predators concentrated they don't control them.

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

rblake

I assume you are achieving different tensions by hand. I have a Feather Ridge and would interested to hear if anyone has a technique to consistently achieve different tensions.
Mountaineer by birth and choice. Grand Slam 2013