turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which gun would you pick?

Started by WNCTracker, March 31, 2016, 10:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckeye_Strutter_935

IF i had 3000.00 i would go with the sbe2 over any other but im tight so i would by a stoeger m3500 all day long both in realtree APG
Feathers Fear Me

SteelerFan

Quote from: johnplesh on March 31, 2016, 01:01:18 PM
Remington V3:  1
SBE2: 2
ithaca turkey slayer:  1
Beretta:  1
Mossberg 835:  1
Winchester super x3:  1

Classic.... hunters can never agree  :z-guntootsmiley:

Like kids at the ice cream shop arguing flavors... lol

In all seriousness, yes - there are a whole bunch of options out there. Many, many, many can be had for a pretty reasonable price compared to 3K. BUT, if if wasn't MY money, and I had the green light to spend whatever $$, I think it's gonna be hard to resist that turkey package from Benelli on the SB II. 2 stocks, Burris Speedbead already mounted, etc.

maytom

Another vote for the Winchester X3!!

Farmboy27

Given my recent luck with high priced guns, I'd probably go buy them a used 835 or 870 and use the rest of the money to take us both on a hunting trip!

mikejd

My first choice over any other turkey gun regardless of cost. I would always choose a winchester 1300. i have tried them all and still prefer my 1300. I know they do not make them anymore but they are readily available on the used market.

870supermagnum

What's your favorite flavor, chocolate or vanilla?  It comes down to what you personally want to buy and carry to the field.  There are many great guns available, myself I'm a Remington kinda guy.  A Versa Max or an 870 Supermagnum Camo Turkey would be my choice.

BrowningGuy88

Quote from: mikejd on March 31, 2016, 07:11:49 PM
My first choice over any other turkey gun regardless of cost. I would always choose a winchester 1300. i have tried them all and still prefer my 1300. I know they do not make them anymore but they are readily available on the used market.

I like the way you think!

Spurs

870 express
Get it dipped
Sumtoy
Hevi #7

Give the remaining money a family vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This year is going to suck!!!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

I own all 3 that I'd recommend for exclusive turkey killin':

Browning Silver NWTF edition with an Indian Creek .675 or Rhino .670

Remington 870 Super Mag with a Sumtoy .650

Benelli M2 20ga in Mossy Oak Bottomland with an Indian Creek .555

Britton40

sixbird

SBE II or Browning A5...Couldn't go wrong with either and you'd have enough to cover a good part of a hunt out west...

Happy

Mossberg 835 and a truckload or two of ammo.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

gobbler74

Sbe2 add your own scope and choke save yourself the "performance shop" $1000 adder. Still blows my mind.
"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

reynolds243

Quote from: gobbler74 on April 07, 2016, 01:00:28 PM
Sbe2 add your own scope and choke save yourself the "performance shop" $1000 adder. Still blows my mind.

It's more then that. They lengthen the forcing cone, trigger job, port it, add a new bolt handle and slam button but yea it's still high. Can do all that to a used sbe and still come out ahead.  I know cause I did it lol

soky

Quote from: gobbler74 on April 07, 2016, 01:00:28 PM

Yes it is crazy, and yes I'm one of the crazy ones that had it done. Hindsight is always 20/20 but if I knew what I know now when I sent my gun off I would have bought some more out of state tags this year with that money. That's another topic though.

That being said my vote is still the sbe2. Sweetest shooting gun I've ever owned.