Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Tagged out in South Carolina

Started by WNCTracker, March 28, 2016, 09:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WNCTracker

Three birds in three days it was a good year in South Carolina. First bird was the biggest, second bird had half inch spurs and a 7 inch beard and the third bird has three-quarter inch spurs and a 10 inch beard

Gumby

ILHUNTER

Congrats man, Still waiting on Illinois season to open here and you already have 3 birds, U the man.

WNCTracker

Nc opens in 12 days. Gonna try for a full house and get 2 there.

wmn2

Man that's awesome John! congrats! I'll be out Friday. My schedule at work got changed and it really cut into my time off so I'm going to have to get out as much as possible. Not to mention I go out of town for work again in a few weeks, so that won't help either.

Hunter1979

Nice work.  3 turkeys down is a pretty nice start to the 2016 season!

WNCTracker

Quote from: wmn2 on March 28, 2016, 04:03:44 PM
Man that's awesome John! congrats! I'll be out Friday. My schedule at work got changed and it really cut into my time off so I'm going to have to get out as much as possible. Not to mention I go out of town for work again in a few weeks, so that won't help either.
I hear ya. I only get 4 days in sc the whole year so I'm glad to tag out. I get 4 Saturday mornings in NC and 4 after work evening hunts a season so I understand. Family man but glad to be one!!

wmn2

Very glad to be one as well. Can't be too upset about my work schedule because my job allows my wife to be a stay at home mom for our kids. I'll get it done hopefully.

Honolua

Dang It Boy! You are on Fire! I am headed to SC on the 14th

kdsberman

Good job man! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wmn2

On my way home today i was driving down a back road and saw a gobbler and 3 hens about 25 yards off the road in a field. I had a mouth call in practicing so I stopped, rolled down the window and did a few yelps. I had him going for about 4-5 minutes gobbling his head off in the field every time I'd yelp. Made me feel good that my mouth call skills are up to par enough to get them going.

WNCTracker

this is dedication....I heard a loud gobble that sounded right next to me in a cow field so I dove into the ground. First landing in 4" of standing water where I was sure, after seeing a moccasin earlier, that I was snake bait, and eventually crawling to the nearest bit of cover which was a bush on a fence row.....out of the standing water. A few soft clucks and it was on and he was coming and closing fast. No time move then my hand and arm started burning, worse and worse. Yep I was laying on my belly with my left arm holding the gun up in a fire ant pile. SOB. Luckily the bird was lonesome and he rounded the corner of the fence 15 yards away just in time. Not sure how long I would have made it but man it was worth it

kdsberman

Quote from: johnplesh on March 30, 2016, 12:53:12 AM
this is dedication....I heard a loud gobble that sounded right next to me in a cow field so I dove into the ground. First landing in 4" of standing water where I was sure, after seeing a moccasin earlier, that I was snake bait, and eventually crawling to the nearest bit of cover which was a bush on a fence row.....out of the standing water. A few soft clucks and it was on and he was coming and closing fast. No time move then my hand and arm started burning, worse and worse. Yep I was laying on my belly with my left arm holding the gun up in a fire ant pile. SOB. Luckily the bird was lonesome and he rounded the corner of the fence 15 yards away just in time. Not sure how long I would have made it but man it was worth it

Haha the things us turkey hunters will do to interact with the birds.  I know if I saw a moccasin I'd be GONE.  Haha

tomstopper