turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Best 20ga pump

Started by Terry, March 25, 2016, 04:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

What's the best 20 gauge out there? I want to get a dedicated turkey gun. I have decided against the Winchester and am now looking at Benelli or Ithaca. Any ideas or suggestions?

SKFOOTER

Remington 870 Compact w/21" barrel. It comes with several plates that can be added to or removed from the stock for proper length of pull so that it fits a youth or an adult.:OGturkeyhead:

Greg Massey

Get the youth 870 with the 21 inch barrel...

Swampchickin234

As far as best quality?   I'd find a rem 870 wingmaster, find a barrel length of your choice, camo it up and be done with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full strut

Remington youth 870 gets my vote

turkey buster

Full strut

Seems to have developed a pattern on this thread lol

owlhoot

Quote from: SKFOOTER on March 25, 2016, 05:45:23 PM
Remington 870 Compact w/21" barrel. It comes with several plates that can be added to or removed from the stock for proper length of pull so that it fits a youth or an adult.:OGturkeyhead:
Thats the one!    :icon_thumright:

OldSchool

I'll say Ithaca, but I'm partial. I've been carrying one for 35 years.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

R AJ

As far as patterns go, some of the models with invector+ barrels may have the best overall evenness in patterns .
However, many other guns have very capable patterns for hunting purposes and not necessarily the most expensive.

The Browning is heavier than the Rem 870 or Mossy 500 and I will normally take my 26" 870 first then 24 " Mossberg before taking the Browning. The 21" Rem 870 is just a super all around carry gun with more than ample patterns with several chokes and their chokes are everywhere.

How it feels and looks to you is another important consideration just like a putter to a golfer.

davisd9

Loving my Mossberg 500

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

g8rvet

Another vote for 870. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Psalms 118v24: This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.

dawei

Another vote for Mossberg®. I love my 26" barrel Mdl 500C 20ga pump. Got my last gobbler (Merriams) at 42yds with #4 Pb. I got this gun in 2000 and have never had any malfuntion(s). Built like a tank and runs like a Timex® watch.

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: turkey buster on March 25, 2016, 10:22:12 PM
870 20ga

Quote from: dawei on March 26, 2016, 02:33:52 PM
Another vote for Mossberg®. I love my 26" barrel Mdl 500C 20ga pump. Got my last gobbler (Merriams) at 42yds with #4 Pb. I got this gun in 2000 and have never had any malfuntion(s). Built like a tank and runs like a Timex® watch.

X-3  :icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

owlhoot

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on March 26, 2016, 03:43:44 PM
Quote from: turkey buster on March 25, 2016, 10:22:12 PM
870 20ga

Quote from: dawei on March 26, 2016, 02:33:52 PM

X-3  :icon_thumright:
Well which one?? :lol: