OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

All NEW Winchester Super X (SXP) Long Beard

Started by Bigeclipse, March 22, 2016, 10:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackduck

wmn2

The turkey model comes with adjustable sights that are pretty good. I mounted a rail and red dot though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbird

I wish they didn't have that cantilever on the auto's, I'd like the XP better for that reason alone. Pump or Auto isn't a deal breaker for me, the first shot you take is the best one you'll 99% of the time!

Dr Juice

Nice ... do i need a third turkey slaying machine? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

tha bugman

dont we all?
Quote from: mlisandro on March 24, 2016, 09:01:50 AM

gatrkyhntr70

Quote from: wmn2 on March 24, 2016, 08:15:07 AM
The turkey model comes with adjustable sights that are pretty good. I mounted a rail and red dot though

Did yours shoot poi/poa before the red dot?
<- <- <= <- <- <- <-

Bigeclipse

Quote from: Mike Honcho on March 23, 2016, 09:39:59 PM
Let me first say I don't own an SXP nor have I ever held or shot one.  I thought they looked good on the web and was considering buying one but remembered a few posts on here that they shot pretty far off point of aim.

Certainly could be fixed with adjustable sights or an optic if a dedicated turkey gun ( if in fact did not shoot POA).

Honcho

I have heard these come with adjustable sights so you should be able to adjust for that.

wmn2

I had to adjust my impact to the left about 4 inches, but it was dead on up and down. It was a piece of cake with the adjustable sights.

Bamalimbhanger

my father-in-law bought one and i patterned it. it shoots extremely well for a gun straight out of the box . it likes long beard 3 1/2 5's i did have some 3 inchlong beard 6's and it put a 157 in a 10 inch circle, now thats drawing a 10 inch circle and shooting at it, not shooting a blank piece of paper and then drawing a 10 inch circle i did not have to adjust sights  on the sxp .

wmn2

My sxp likes the 3.5 longbeard 5's and 6's. Next year I'm going to test out some hevi shot 6's, 7's and magblends in it as well.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: mlisandro on March 24, 2016, 09:01:50 AM

Yup...only it'd be more like do I need a 6th or 7th turkey gun?  I have issues.  Lol
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.