OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

All NEW Winchester Super X (SXP) Long Beard

Started by Bigeclipse, March 22, 2016, 10:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigeclipse

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/shotguns/sxp/super-x-pump-long-beard.html

Who has shot or at least seen this in person?  I am contemplating buying a new Turkey gun. it seems like it has everything I would want in a new Turkey gun: relatively cheap, camo dipped, back-bored tech, pistol grip, fixed sights but also tapped for scope mount or rail which I will likely put a red dot on (I love my Burris Fast Fire III)...etc. My current gun shoots just fine (Berretta Pintail) but I am thinking of getting something new strictly for Turkey for two reasons, 1.) I simply want something new and 2.) I am leaning towards a 3.5in shotgun (Beretta is a 3in).  I know many will say you don't need 3.5in and the recoil HURTS yada yada yada but I say if you can handle the recoil then why not?  For me, recoil is only a problem at the range and in those cases (sighting it in and patterning) I simply where an extra recoil pad. So thoughts? My other option was Mossberg 935 but it is a few hundred dollars more and simply gains you semi auto which yes helps with recoil but is it really worth it?  Again, in the field I never feel recoil due to adrenaline of the hunt. I hunt deer with magnum rifles and never have a problem.

Philippe

Mehh it's just another pump gun, if they would have made it an auto then maybe....

Bigeclipse

Quote from: Philippe on March 22, 2016, 10:45:07 AM
Mehh it's just another pump gun, if they would have made it an auto then maybe....

I can't find another pump with all those features for that price

TauntoHawk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tha bugman

snapper1982

RiverRoost

I've got the auto and it's awesome. By far my favorite gun of all the shotguns I own. The pistol grip fits perfect in your hand and it shoulders and steadies really well. Well worth the money IMO.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: Bigeclipse on March 22, 2016, 11:04:50 AM

You  gotta understand,  ole phillipe is the site cynic.  He's like mikey from the cereal commercial.  He doesn't like anything.   :TooFunny:
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Bowguy

The sx3 is made in Turkey or some ridiculous place. Id not buy it just for that reason. Not sure where pump is made

Philippe

Quote from: mightyjoeyoung on March 23, 2016, 10:02:55 AM
Quote from: Bigeclipse on March 22, 2016, 11:04:50 AM

You  gotta understand,  ole phillipe is the site cynic.  He's like mikey from the cereal commercial.  He doesn't like anything.   :TooFunny:

Someone has to do it!

wmn2

I have last years model, so no pistol grip or anything, but I added a carlsons longbeard .665, TRS-25, and butler creek sling. It's a killer for sure with longbeard xr #5 and #6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigeclipse

Decisions decisions. I might just get it depending if I can find one.

wmn2

IMO you won't regret it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snapper1982

Quote from: Bowguy on March 23, 2016, 10:09:39 AM
The sx3 is made in Turkey or some ridiculous place. Id not buy it just for that reason. Not sure where pump is made
.  It is made in Belgium(which is a very respected place for firearm manufacture) it does have some additional assembly done in Portugal. It is basically the same gun as a FN and they are proven to be great guns. 

Mike Honcho

Let me first say I don't own an SXP nor have I ever held or shot one.  I thought they looked good on the web and was considering buying one but remembered a few posts on here that they shot pretty far off point of aim.

Certainly could be fixed with adjustable sights or an optic if a dedicated turkey gun ( if in fact did not shoot POA).

Honcho