OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 Yr Old Daughters Turkey Gun Complete

Started by gophert, April 01, 2011, 03:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

Sand Man,

I love this gun.  I have not even shot it yet since it is for my daughter's bday in July.  She is currently shooting an older 870 Youth model and it shoots great..so I'm not thinking this gun will be much different.

The ability to adjust the length of the Knoxx stock is what makes this 20 ga.  She can shoot it and SO CAN I.  I have a knoxx stock on my 870 12 ga, but I just love how light and small this gun is.  I am easily getting 130+ in a 10" at 40 so I can't complain.  Next season, I will be using this some if she lets me. 

Sand Man

Thanks for the info!  I like the idea of the adjustable stock where my wife can use it as well.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!

gophert

I sooooo want to get this gun dipped!   Why don't you ginny pig the do-it-yourself camo dipping kit for me and let me know how that turns out.  I'm too scared I'd mess it up and ran out of fun money to get this one dipped.

The FF2 is going on in a week or so. 

Sand Man

Quote from: slickyboyboo on April 21, 2011, 04:38:18 PM
I've about decided to build me one like you have there, however I think I am going to look for a 26" slave gun for the project, add a Knoxx, a forend, get it tapped for a rail, add optics, and get her dipped in Nat Gear. Should be a heck of a project for next year's gun.  ;D

Sounds like exactly what I'm about to do with the gun I found in the pawn shop.  I'm 100% putting the FFII off the SBE on it.  Granted that the gun patterns like I want before I run off buying stocks, drilling and tapping receiver, and dipping.

Here's my M1 20ga I had dipped in NatGear:

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/4444/img15051og.jpg

http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4037/img15063vh.jpg

Wish I could force myself to put a red-dot on it as good as it patterns, but it shoots too sweet on ducks to do it.   :bike2:

Sorry pics are way to big to embedded, so I just linked them.

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!