OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

10 Yr Old Daughters Turkey Gun Complete

Started by gophert, April 01, 2011, 03:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gophert

This is for my daughter's 11th birthday in July.  (if I can wait that long)  She is borrowing an older 870 youth 20 ga for this season, but I decided to "pimp" her own and give as a surprise.  This is a basic Rem 870 Youth 20 ga with a 21" bbl from walmart.  The cool thing about the Knoxx stock is that it adjust so I can shoot it too.  The only problem I have is that it will be a "surprise" to my wife too.  Oh well......

I added the: Knoxx recoil reduction stock, limbsaver recoil pad, black composit forend and a hi-viz sight. 

TrackeySauresRex

:o WoW! That is sweet she'll love it. You can't wait that long. You'll have to give it to her when she get's home from school  ;D . Or a couple of days before youth day.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

hookedspur

Quote from: TrackeySauresRex on April 01, 2011, 04:49:28 PM
:o WoW! That is sweet she'll love it. You can't wait that long. You'll have to give it to her when she get's home from school  ;D . Or a couple of days before youth day.
:agreed:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

Ranman

Don't forget the FF2, or the mueller. Nice looking gun.  She'll love it.

whiskey

Quote from: Ranman on April 01, 2011, 11:27:43 PM
Don't forget the FF2, or the mueller. Nice looking gun.  She'll love it.

There you go. Christmas gift covered.

gophert

Would that be a christmas gift for me.....or her?  Somehow I don't think she would get as much out of it compared to all the pink and fingernail polish.  :TooFunny:

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

bhanks55

curious how you got the limbsaver on. I had a knoxx and their were now screws I could see.

gophert

Quote from: bhanks55 on April 10, 2011, 05:37:09 PM
curious how you got the limbsaver on. I had a knoxx and their were now screws I could see.

I am not sure I understand your question.  Limbsaver makes a model for the Knoxx stock and it came with the screws in it.  There are two holes slightly lower than the original stock recoil pad that the limbsaver screws into.  I hope that helps.

Tim

S.C.C

You did good on that one!!! FINE lookin rig for you or your daughter!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

TNhunterKMC

Almost identical to my son's 20 gauge.  It is SWEET!  BTW - I'm using it in the morning.

dpowers311

Where did you find a knoxx stock for a 20 gauge? Does the 12 gauge model fit the 20 gauge?

Dave

gophert

Quote from: slickyboyboo on April 17, 2011, 08:01:56 AM
Gophert,

Total, how much did that set you back?

Slicky,

The 870 Youth was $257. (came with laminate wood stock)   The black composite forend, I got from member SCC (Smokey) for $15.  The Knoxx 20 ga model I got off ebay for $120.  Total was right around $415 with tax and everything.  The great thing is that my daughter will never have to buy another gun even as she grows....oh and I get to shoot it too since the knoxx stock is adjustable.   :z-guntootsmiley:

You can pick the gun up all day at our wal-mart (Hermitage, TN).  The drive with gas may cost you more than the gun however.   :'(

Tim

gophert

Quote from: dpowers311 on April 17, 2011, 08:36:19 AM
Where did you find a knoxx stock for a 20 gauge? Does the 12 gauge model fit the 20 gauge?

Dave

Dave, from my understanding the 12 ga does NOT fit the 20 ga.  Knoxx makes a 20 gauage model  K04400-C but does not come with a forend.  I got mine off Ebay and had it in 3 days. 

Tim

Sand Man

How does it pattern?

I built me a SBE turkey gun before the season, but it's almost not fair shooting a 12ga with TSS.  I'm wanting to build a 20ga now.  I'd like to go with a Benelli, but I want a pistol grip stock.  That's not an option on the 20ga Nova, M1's, or M2's from what I have found.

So, I'm leaning towards the 870 youth to get the 21" barrel and put the Knoxx stock on it.  Do you like the adjustable stock???

Let the little twenty EAT!!!!