turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Boatpaddles...

Started by boatpaddle, March 20, 2016, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trb136

That was a good one Bob,, Yes Zumer that is me holding the "Fat Lady'  what an honor that was...The Chinaberry call from Neil is 1 of 2 he did. The one I have was for Earl Mickel and Neil kept the other...

boatpaddle

Tim,

Congrats on your Chinaberry call from Neil.....1 of 2 makes it extra special, I'm sure.. :blob10:

Holding the Fat lady is one of those "how ya like me now", moments..... :icon_thumright:

If you need any of those secret mouthcalls...... :newmascot:

PM me....
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

Matt k

cost

Bowguy

Got a paddle a few days ago from Jgarrett. Was teaching yesterday at a club deeply wooded. I ran the box to show a girl I mentor how to use them. As I was running the box, (SS Longbox), redheart over poplar the birds started gobbling. It's only Sept but I can't wait to use it. I'm not a giant box call guy but love a certain few. This is one. Props to SS for a great call

crow

nice pair of Cost Paddles

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Bowguy on September 26, 2016, 08:51:52 AM
Got a paddle a few days ago from Jgarrett. Was teaching yesterday at a club deeply wooded. I ran the box to show a girl I mentor how to use them. As I was running the box, (SS Longbox), redheart over poplar the birds started gobbling. It's only Sept but I can't wait to use it. I'm not a giant box call guy but love a certain few. This is one. Props to SS for a great call
Box calls can do a job that other calls just can't. I'm a fan of all calls but on a windy day it's hard to beat the volume a box call can produce. I'll start the hunt with a box, switch to a pot then generally finish with a diaphragm. But, I feel lost without the box. Lots of guys don't like the bulk or the sound associated with carrying a box but I feel naked without one. Looking at these long boxes is making me drool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greencop01

:camohat:  Never have seen so many paddle calls in one place, a bunch of beauties. The Oesterle paddles, you don't see them everyday. All fine calls, I guess a lot of toms have fell and will fall to these callers.
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Cut N Run

Quote from: wvmntnhick on September 26, 2016, 06:28:23 PM
Box calls can do a job that other calls just can't. I'm a fan of all calls but on a windy day it's hard to beat the volume a box call can produce. I'll start the hunt with a box, switch to a pot then generally finish with a diaphragm. But, I feel lost without the box. Lots of guys don't like the bulk or the sound associated with carrying a box but I feel naked without one. Looking at these long boxes is making me drool.

^^^Exactly.  If I don't have a boat paddle with me, I just don't feel right. My calls aren't as fancy or as high dollar as most pictured, but they definitely talk the talk and earn their keep. Thanks for sharing!

Jim
Luck counts, good or bad.

paboxcall

This thread deserves another go around...who's got some new boat paddles?

:drool:
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

yelpy

Here's another finely tuned Turkey tool.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

crow

sweet looking call right there

golfernash

Dawkins long box put down this bird this morning. Will post pics of the call later.

yelpy

Quote from: golfernash on May 01, 2018, 06:08:36 PM
Dawkins long box put down this bird this morning. Will post pics of the call later.

Congrats!!

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk