turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gene's Pot Calls

Started by NYlogbeards, March 20, 2016, 08:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NYlogbeards

Just wondering how others think about this pot call? looking around for another Slate or Glass that has some good quality and good sound for under 40$ and came across Gene's calls and pretty good price at 18.50$ they have a good range selections of wood, Maple, Cherry, Walnut, Red Cedar, Purple Heart, Zebra and Sycamore... don't know which type of wood is best with Slate or Glass? if anyone has any insight and or sound file of the call I'd like to hear it, also does the call come with a Striker?

jed clampett

Get the cherry slate...and the purple heart glass....that slate for 18.50 will beat out tons of more expensive slates....that glass is no slouch either...have had them for years...the cherry slate is with me every year

scoot12

I have the cherry slate over slate and its a fine call.  Scoot

Beards and Hooks

Agree exactly with what Jed said, their was a thread probably about 6 months ago on great calls at a bargain and he tipped me off to Gene in that thread. He is a nice guy to talk with on the phone as well, very helpful. I got that glass and slate combo as well as, an auto yelper, tube call, small long box, squirrel call, and grunt tube as well.

tha bugman

Those prices are amazing and some beautiful calls as well!