OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

what are the turkeys doing?

Started by hotspur, March 18, 2016, 06:50:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotspur

I know everyone is busy, people have been listening for gobbles. I hunt Louisiana and Texas and I'm wondering what do you see out there ? Toms in groups? Hens  breaking up? Any single hens walking around? Everyone is invited, what state are you in and what are you seeing?

wmn2

I'm in south carolina and up until today I've been seeing toms and hens flocked together. Today I saw a lone gobbler strutting in a field by himself so I think they are breaking up here.

fallhnt

I missed my turn today in MO. going to visit family and went a mile out of the way to see 4 birds in a field. When I got turned around 2 of the birds moved closer to the road...A gobbler strutting for a hen. :drool:
When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

Happy

Still in flocked up here in the mountains of western Md. Some half hearted gobbling here and there on nice days. Bout normal for this time of year.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Tomspur

I hunt in Texas (central) and our season opened today with winds blowing 20- 25 mph and gusts to 30. Heard gobbling at first light and did some light calling every 15 minutes or so and right at 8 see 4 mature birds coming. About 60 yards out a coyote scares them off. 30 minutes later a single hen walks through but nothing following. Hear the last gobble at 9 but see nothing else.
Prior to today, have been hearing a lot of gobbling and gobblers with hens in fields strutting. Although I saw those 4 gobblers together they mostly have been with hens for a week or so.
Our weather is going to break this evening so next week should be good. Good luck to you.