turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

20 gauge optic for youth

Started by Pa.Mt.Man, March 17, 2016, 04:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pa.Mt.Man

I'm in the process of setting up a Rem 870 for myself and to take my nephew. I recently looked through a Bushnell 1.5-5 turkey scope and they were out of the Bushnell trs-25.

I love red dots, but like scopes to and was leaning towards the Bushnell scope because my two other shotguns have red dots and I've always wanted to try their scope. Problem is I'm concerned about eye relief. Is there enough eye relief for a skin and bones type kid. The last thing I want is to get him bit with the scope.

I'd appreciate any input,but specifically any experience with Bushnell XLT Trophy. If not, I've been wanting to try Vortex either high powered scope for another yote rifle or now would be a good time to buy that Strikefire 2 red dot from them.

What say you fellers?

Thanks!

cljohnson24

The red dot is the ticket for kids. Not only can you eliminate the chance of getting hit by a scope, but the fact that he can mount the stock and not affect POI is worth it's weight in gold. This allows the dad or any other individual with different face/ shooting style to sight the gun in and know the POI will remain the same no matter who uses it. I've found that the red dot is also so "demanding" of focus it inherently draws the child to line it up with the target and it just seems to work for most kids better than a scope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pa.Mt.Man

Thanks for your input cl Johnso .

Philippe

Full strut

beagler

I put a Burris FFIII on my 10yr old daughter's Mossberg 510 Mini, works great.
Never Misses

Bayou Gold

Put a Bushnell trs-25 on 6 yr olds mossberg 510 and after missing with only bead sights last day of 2015....he pummeled a gobbler with the red dot early in the 2016 season. 

Redemption for father and son alike!!!