Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

What is a good semi-auto turkey gun that wont break the bank?

Started by scoot12, March 13, 2016, 07:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stinkpickle

steinb3rg

I'm biased as I have an A300. Picked up a new camo version a couple years ago for $650. Patterned well for me with Rem nitro 5's and Kent ultimate diamond 5's

codym

I just bought a weatherby sa-459 turkey gun and I'm really impressed. It's the 390 gas system, drilled tapped with a rail, sling swivels and pistol grip. Just over 6lbs on my scale (20 ga). sighted it in with remmy gun clubs and didn't miss a beat. $650 out the door!

Buckeye_Strutter_935

Quote from: scoot12 on March 13, 2016, 07:01:29 PM
I am in the market for a semi auto turkey gun,  anyone have any good suggestions on a gun that won't break the bank?  Thanks

I have both the mossberg 935 and the stoeger m3500 I've the mossberg for 14 years and the stoeger for 2 both guns are great you won't go wrong either way but the stoeger is way better feeling FOR ME ???? And way better built....I've killed a lot more birds with the 935 from having it longer....but the stoeger is a very sharp great pattering gun
Feathers Fear Me

stinkpickle

Quote from: codym on March 14, 2016, 10:27:12 PM
I just bought a weatherby sa-459 turkey gun and I'm really impressed. It's the 390 gas system, drilled tapped with a rail, sling swivels and pistol grip. Just over 6lbs on my scale (20 ga). sighted it in with remmy gun clubs and didn't miss a beat. $650 out the door!

I've heard good things about their SA-08 models, as well...especially the blued/wood models.

BINK McCARTY

Check on the used rack of a reputable gun store for ....in my opinion Rem 11-87....not too much to take apart when cleaning,and just about as reliable a gas gun as your gonna find. I had a Beretta 391 and it had more nuts and parts and pieces that by the time I got done I wondered why I ever bought it....now ,the new ones may be different. But I say go after the 11-87...even new at the Wal-Mart wont set you back more than $500

beakbuster10

Stoeger 3000 or 3500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ARJellyHead

Another vote for a Stoeger M3500...mine has a pistol grip and I absolutely love it.

Izzyjoe

I would recommend the 1100 mag, or an 11-87. Look around you'll find one at good price, and extra barrel are easy to find.

Phire Phite

Quote from: ARJellyHead on March 15, 2016, 06:18:27 PM
Another vote for a Stoeger M3500...mine has a pistol grip and I absolutely love it.

Stogie 3500 also.  I gotta get that pistol grip...

lead 6s

vabeardhunter

Gotta give Stoeger a nod. Good bang for the buck! (literally)

Mtd69

I shot a browning gold for a lot of years it was a good dependable gun you can find them used for a reasonable price

Isomaad

Mossberg 930 Turkey is hands down the best bang for your buck semi auto in my opinion.  You can get it for under $500 and it is a shooter!

rpinks

I have 2 dedicated turkey guns a Beneli super black eagle and a 935. for the money and the pattern if I could only have one it would be 935.
Thanks, RP