only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

How about an 835 picture thread

Started by G-12, March 12, 2016, 05:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sierra6

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 22, 2016, 08:50:08 PM
Quote from: sierra6 on March 21, 2016, 07:24:54 PM
Say what you will....ultimately it's a tool.   I own 4 dedicated turkey guns now and have owned more than a dozen over the years.  Some of them "B" guns that cost near an arm & a leg.  I've owned my 835 since 1990.  Ive spent many hours at the bench patterning and experimenting with loads and chokes.  As for patterns and killing Turkeys......... You can spend more money, BUT you won't get more gun.   The 835 is as good as it gets!

You know what opinions are like and why........................   ;D

No disrespect to anyone's choices as long as they work for THEM.  And, ultimately, guns ARE just tools.  But there's Harbor Freight and then there's Snap On.

I owned an early 835..................for less than a week.  It just felt cheap and clunky........like a rattly deckpost in my hands.  And I could not get it to pattern worth a hoot.  May have been the early 3 1/2" shotshells...........  But it's the only gun I ever sold because I hated it. 

I found that I liked my 870, BPS 10, SX2 and SX3 all suited ME better.  As far as whether any of my choices are "more gun" than an 835............... well................. we're back to the thing about what opinions are like and why.    ;)

Best of luck to you this spring and may your 835 star in lots of dead gobbler pics !!!     :icon_thumright:

Yoder,

No offense taken and I couldn't agree more about opinions.  My point simply was to support the outstanding terminal performance of the 835.  At this point in my life it's NOT my first choice out of the safe very often.  I've killed quite a pile of gobblers over the years with that 835, but these days I prefer my shorter, softer shooting 11/87's. Having said that, my 835 is still the best patterning shotgun I've ever had.  If terminal performance is your end goal for a dedicated "ultimate turkey gun" then look no further. In all my testing spanning many years the 835 and 935 consistently outperform the others. They simply shoot tighter, denser patterns.  Many others have will speak to this level of performance as well.    Now just to stay on point, I'm basing this on terminal performance.  If your into looks, pride of ownership, bragging rights etc then your idea of the "Ultimate Turkey Gun" may be different.  To each his own!  Best of luck to you as well!
"When the Turkeys ain't gobblin, it's tough to make em stop!"

Happy

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Blackduck

Love dem benelli SBEs! Especially the 24" dedicated turkey one. But I never owned a mossberg.  :bike2:

PEHunter

Here she is in her turkey setup. Knox stock, Truglo site, 24" barrel and a Kicks choke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk