Main Menu

How about an 835 picture thread

Started by G-12, March 12, 2016, 05:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wvmntnhick

Quote from: Bowguy on March 21, 2016, 09:19:20 AM
Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 20, 2016, 10:21:59 PM
Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 20, 2016, 10:01:44 PM
I'd keep your mossberg and that's coming from a guy with two Benelli's !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like there's your answer. If he's got two and isn't thrilled with them...should tell you something.
To me sounds like he's saying the op be smart keeping the Mossberg. I have Benellis they're not my turkey guns for a reason
Pretty sure that was the point I tried to reinforce.

davisd9

"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

sierra6

Quote from: Yoder409 on March 20, 2016, 10:06:33 PM

:TooFunny:

Say what you will....ultimately it's a tool.   I own 4 dedicated turkey guns now and have owned more than a dozen over the years.  Some of them "B" guns that cost near an arm & a leg.  I've owned my 835 since 1990.  Ive spent many hours at the bench patterning and experimenting with loads and chokes.  As for patterns and killing Turkeys......... You can spend more money, BUT you won't get more gun.   The 835 is as good as it gets!

"When the Turkeys ain't gobblin, it's tough to make em stop!"

PEHunter

Quote from: Double B on March 21, 2016, 09:30:06 AM
Woodland camo with a .676 star dot, claw sling and an Aim point comp m2, with kill flash of course.  And, I almost forgot the Sims recoil pad!    :fud:
That is same model I have. It's note the latest and greatest model, but she's never let down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Izzyjoe

Keep the pic's comin' boys, y'all have some cool shotguns! trouble is there's one in a gunshop close to the house and it keeps calling my name, it's a field model with wood stocks and ported barrel, and I think I can get a decent price on it.

Extremesolo

This is the only one I could find of my old 835.  It is unported, has a custom ASAT paint job, a star dot .676 in it and I shoot 3.5" hevi #7 out of it with a set of tru glo sights.  It shoots great, kicks like a mule and definitely carries like that 4x4 that was posted earlier.  The front forearm is loose from the wood swelling it in the rain.  Despite all that, I have owned it for many years and it will not be for sale anytime soon.

Tennessee Lead

Here's my Dad's old school 835.
I'll try and get a picture of mine tonight

trkehunr93

Woodland camo with a Pittman boss buster choke and Simmons pro diamond scope.

Dr Juice

They are beautiful guns for sure. But I do have one question, especially for the older and wiser gentlemen, how do you handle the kick? Especially shooting 3.5" ... Ouch!!!!!

Happy

In my opinion recoil isn't that bad. Hold er tight and let er rip. Unless you carry a man purse while hunting. Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Yoder409

Quote from: sierra6 on March 21, 2016, 07:24:54 PM
Say what you will....ultimately it's a tool.   I own 4 dedicated turkey guns now and have owned more than a dozen over the years.  Some of them "B" guns that cost near an arm & a leg.  I've owned my 835 since 1990.  Ive spent many hours at the bench patterning and experimenting with loads and chokes.  As for patterns and killing Turkeys......... You can spend more money, BUT you won't get more gun.   The 835 is as good as it gets!

You know what opinions are like and why........................   ;D

No disrespect to anyone's choices as long as they work for THEM.  And, ultimately, guns ARE just tools.  But there's Harbor Freight and then there's Snap On.

I owned an early 835..................for less than a week.  It just felt cheap and clunky........like a rattly deckpost in my hands.  And I could not get it to pattern worth a hoot.  May have been the early 3 1/2" shotshells...........  But it's the only gun I ever sold because I hated it. 

I found that I liked my 870, BPS 10, SX2 and SX3 all suited ME better.  As far as whether any of my choices are "more gun" than an 835............... well................. we're back to the thing about what opinions are like and why.    ;)

Best of luck to you this spring and may your 835 star in lots of dead gobbler pics !!!     :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Bowguy

Quote from: mlisandro on March 22, 2016, 08:26:26 PM
They are beautiful guns for sure. But I do have one question, especially for the older and wiser gentlemen, how do you handle the kick? Especially shooting 3.5" ... Ouch!!!!!

Dont know what you're calling older but I'm no kid, the shells don't kick to bad to me n although I'm still mainly hunting the same shells as years ago I do still test dif loads. 2 oz of shot compared to 2-1/4 isn't much dif

mwr

Got this one last year!! Really like it !! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Eview326

A couple different configurations I've had my 835 through..its original tree stand with a 28" barrel.

Here with a realtree cantilever slug barrel that has since been sold.

And turkey set up with a mossy oak 20" barrel and 1.5-4.5x bushnell.

stinkpickle

Quote from: mlisandro on March 22, 2016, 08:26:26 PM

If I'm not shooting at a bird, I'm shooting from a Lead Sled.  That's pretty much the case with all of my shotguns.  ;)