turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

big improvment on my best hvy 13 patterns

Started by longhorn, March 31, 2011, 09:37:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longhorn

Leaving for a hunt in west Texas in the morning and decided to shoot my 835 one more time to check scope. Previous best with about six or seven different chokes was 238. It was about 50 or 60 degrees with no wind and little humidity this morning. I shot the 835 with the ic choke and hvy 13  3 1/2-2 1/4-7. 40 yards tape measured to front of barrel. The barrel is 24 inches. First shot - 321.  Second shot - 324. Used a new box of shells I just got in. I was only going to shoot one but it was so much better than any other pattern I had to try again. Go figure. Great way to get ready for a hunt though. Scope was on too.

Dwnforce

spur collector

Sounds like your ready to roll some heads. :newmascot:

joshua

Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Gobble!

Quote from: slickyboyboo on March 31, 2011, 10:15:59 PM
What is the Lot # on that box of shells? It is inside the top lid.

i would also like to know

longhorn

The lot is 300514. I believe it came from Macks Prairie Wings.

allaboutshooting

It looks like you're ready for the season.

All my best.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

cannonball

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

pullit

goblr77

Quote from: longhorn on March 31, 2011, 09:37:24 PM
Leaving for a hunt in west Texas in the morning and decided to shoot my 835 one more time to check scope. Previous best with about six or seven different chokes was 238. It was about 50 or 60 degrees with no wind and little humidity this morning. I shot the 835 with the ic choke and hvy 13  3 1/2-2 1/4-7. 40 yards tape measured to front of barrel. The barrel is 24 inches. First shot - 321.  Second shot - 324. Used a new box of shells I just got in. I was only going to shoot one but it was so much better than any other pattern I had to try again. Go figure. Great way to get ready for a hunt though. Scope was on too.

Those numbers are identical to what I was shooting with 300324's. Back to back shots with my 835 Star Dot rig were 321 and 325. I stopped by Mack's Tuesday and searched the lot #'s on every box they had. I found 5 300324's and brought them home. I also bought one box of the 300514's to try. It's good to know you got those results with this lot. I would be cautious ordering from them though, most boxes on the shelf were 300488's.

drum817

"Freedom Has Never Been Free"

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

spur collector

that will roll some heads. your ready to go.