turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

3rd Degree @ 30 yds

Started by agent eight seven O, March 11, 2016, 07:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent eight seven O

Had a chance to shoot Federal's new 20 ga. 3rd Degree. This was with 21" 870 and Tightwad choke at 30 yards. Got 162 in 10" circle. Most of the hits were in a 8" circle. Pattern was tighter than I expected. Could push this combo to 35 yards.

Pa.Mt.Man

First I'm hearing m of this. What's it made out of and whats the latest sales pitch?  Maybe I'll have to try some

Philippe

Quote from: Pa.Mt.Man on March 11, 2016, 07:37:41 PM
First I'm hearing m of this. What's it made out of and whats the latest sales pitch?  Maybe I'll have to try some
It's garbage, plain and simple. Its a blend of #7 HTL, Lead 5's, and 6's in the flightstopper lead.

dawei

Well looking at the OP's posts and the numbers he's shown it sure looks like it works for him. :drool:
Thank you agent eight seven o!!!!! :jackson:

David

Only two defining forces ever died for you.
1. Jesus Christ.
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, and Marine.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

BandedSpur

Would be interested to see the numbers at 35 and beyond.

R AJ

Quote from: Philippe on March 12, 2016, 04:54:45 PM
It's garbage, plain and simple. Its a blend of #7 HTL, Lead 5's, and 6's in the flightstopper lead.

Are you quoting from the 12 gauge experience or have you actually shot the 20 gauge load?

wvmntnhick

I've understood the 20 tends to do better with the flight control wad as it's made a bit different than the 12 ga FCW. Just what I've heard. Can't guarantee it though. Can say this, my 20 is much more forgiving than my 12 when FCW's are concerned.

R AJ

Quote from: wvmntnhick on March 14, 2016, 08:34:46 PM
I've understood the 20 tends to do better with the flight control wad as it's made a bit different than the 12 ga FCW. Just what I've heard. Can't guarantee it though. Can say this, my 20 is much more forgiving than my 12 when FCW's are concerned.

Agreed X2

Philippe

Quote from: RAJ on March 14, 2016, 10:08:58 AM
Quote from: Philippe on March 12, 2016, 04:54:45 PM

Are you quoting from the 12 gauge experience or have you actually shot the 20 gauge load?

I've been given boxes of both to test thru various chokes in both 12 and 20, its garbage trust me, yeah they will produce decent patterns at 20 yards but nothing special, its another marketing ploy.