turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

new call

Started by jdub2041, March 09, 2016, 02:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdub2041

Im looking for a new pot to compliment my DH crystal mistress. What y'all think?

Tennessee Lead

His Sugartown Sweetness 2 is nice.
It's a 2 sided glass over slate. Very clear sounding. Purrs and clucks like a dream on the bottom.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

scoot12

I would go with a slate or aluminum call.  A natural addiction padauk or zebrawood slate would be a great choice or a stoned aluminum from Darrin Dawkins would be another one.  Both these calls are nicely priced also.  Scoot

davisd9

Natural Addiction slate in walnut pot, Lights Out Ceramic, or Lights Out Slate in Cherry pot with cedar striker

Sent from the Strut Zone
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Smooth_Operator

Some very good recommendations so far. I'll add Halloran's double glass to that list as well, I like it better than my Crystal Mistress, which is saying a lot because the Mistress is a killer.  Some other options to add, Andy Kaiser makes a great ceramic pot, I have an order in for a Lon Trice tumbled aluminum, which is similar to Dawkins stoned aluminum, and it sounds fantastic.  For slates, I've got a Leopardwood slate over glass from Ricky Padgett that sings and will be in my vest opening day. Lots of good choices out there, good luck in your search...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

Bowguy

I'd agree w the aluminum advice. Atomic 13, Dawkins, Lonzo acrylic, SS or one of my new favorites MACs aluminum. Heard it one time n went n ordered one in minutes.