OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

5th trumpet

Started by Spitten and drummen, March 07, 2016, 10:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spitten and drummen

Just ordered a savduck cocabola with buffalo horn mouth piece from del. It's my first from him , but I have 4 already from others. Hope it sounds great and runs smooth. Can't wait to play it.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
"QUEEN OF BATTLE FOLLOW ME " ~ INFANTRY
"DEATH FROM ABOVE " ~ AIRBORNE

mgm1955

They make an awesome trumpet!!

Will_price

I got a cocobolo/ivory and it's probably my favorite.
Member of The Tenth, since 2005

davisd9

My african blackwood with buffalo horn will be around my neck this season.  Great call that is easy to run.  Has a bit higher pitch to it that birds will love.  Other trumpets will be with me but the NA will be around my neck.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

savduck

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 07, 2016, 10:14:08 PM
Just ordered a savduck cocabola with buffalo horn mouth piece from del. It's my first from him , but I have 4 already from others. Hope it sounds great and runs smooth. Can't wait to play it.

Actually mailed out today...you should see it before the weekend.
Georgia Boy

Spitten and drummen

" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

SteelerFan

"5th Trumpet"... and THAT'S another thing I'm worried about!  :TooFunny:

Congrats!

You won't be disappointed with it I assure you.  I got a Coco from Del and Billy and it takes little to no air to play and is pure turkey. Even a novice like me can make it sound like a turkey.

M Sharpe

Quote from: SteelerFan on March 08, 2016, 08:23:12 PM
"5th Trumpet"... and THAT'S another thing I'm worried about!  :TooFunny:

Congrats!

You guys need to start a competition to see who buys the most by the end of the year. You might even want to check Crawdad's out. I just got one of his the other day. All I can say is mighty fine, mighty fine!! Easy on the eyes and is a sweet player too!!!
I'm one to talk, I've bought several myself this year!!! :TooFunny: :TooFunny: :TooFunny:
I'm not a Christian because I'm strong and have it all together. I'm a Christian because I'm weak and admit I need a Saviour!

Spitten and drummen

Thanks guys. First box calls , then pots , next tubes and wing bones,  then scratch boxes and now trumpets. Man I have so many calls it's crazy. I love these trumpets . Took about a year but I am ready to hunt with one.
" RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"

boatpaddle

Quote from: Spitten and drummen on March 17, 2016, 08:14:47 PM
Thanks guys. First box calls , then pots , next tubes and wing bones,  then scratch boxes and now trumpets. Man I have so many calls it's crazy. I love these trumpets . Took about a year but I am ready to hunt with one.

I understand your addiction......

Don't feel like your alone..... :o
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

West Augusta

Del makes some of the best trumpets out there.  I'll rank him with the best in the business for sound.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

savduck

Quote from: West Augusta on March 19, 2016, 09:27:36 AM
Del makes some of the best trumpets out there.  I'll rank him with the best in the business for sound.

Steve, appreciate the comments. We set out to make an excellent trumpet. I do want to clarify that I helped design our trumpet and I also help build components of the trumpets, but Billy does the main lathe work on the trumpet bodies. It's a team effort on everything that leaves our shop.
Georgia Boy

2nd 100

Just got in the one Billy had in  the Norsrman 2016. Good player and Easy on the eyes. Friday b4 Leaving for Florida I found a beauty in my Mailbox from Crawdad ( Cocobolo /Buff horn ) .
Used a Jim Chamberlin African Blackwood with ivory teaser and the hens hated it but drug the gobblers away from it.
Now for the adiitive part :
2 Irving Whitts
2 Jim Chamberlin
1 Doug Korn
2 Penns Woods
1 Rev Mike Almond , all bought this year.
Gota love this addiction :character0029: