OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Triple Beard and 3rd Degree

Started by agent eight seven O, March 05, 2016, 06:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent eight seven O

I bought a box of Triple Beards and a box of 3rd Degrees to try out in the 21" 870 20 ga as soon as the weather breaks. Also got a Jellyhead Maximum to give a whirl. Have been using a tightwad and SSX. Always looking for something better, plus it is a lot of fun.

357MAGNOLE

Ahhhh I am excited to see your results!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."--Thomas Jefferson

mightyjoeyoung

Highly doubt you'll find better in the jellyhead maximum.  The two chokes you already own (and I do too) shot MUCH BETTER in three 870 20 gauges we patterned.  Something about them just isn't right.  Very blown and inconsistent patterns with the max.  Another fantastic choke for the 870 has been the Carlson's .575 unported and the original jellyhead. 
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

joeculb

I would like to see the results as well. I am mentoring a young man without a dad. We've managed to get him a 20 Gauge Remington, and I am looking to get him the best combo available. Pretty much broke the bank getting him the gun, and licenses. Just trying to save time and money. Time is kinda of the essence. Thanks

surehuntsalot

Quote from: joeculb on March 11, 2016, 09:44:15 AM
I would like to see the results as well. I am mentoring a young man without a dad. We've managed to get him a 20 Gauge Remington, and I am looking to get him the best combo available. Pretty much broke the bank getting him the gun, and licenses. Just trying to save time and money. Time is kinda of the essence. Thanks

wal mart , primos tightwad choke 15.00-20.00
it's not the harvest,it's the chase