Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Sound differences btw Lonzo Zebrawood Glass vs BE Maple Glass?

Started by Row Jimmy, March 04, 2016, 05:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Row Jimmy

What sound differences would a guy expect to find between the Lonzo Zebrawood Glass vs the BE Maple Glass?  Will the wood of the pot make the sound noticeably different?  I assume these are glass over glass calls.  Also, on Midwest they say it is an award winning design.  Did either of these win the DD Adams?

I have the Lonzo BE Maple Slate, that thing is awesome.
Thanks for any insights.

jed clampett

I have both pots...all of lons calls sound great I have never had a bad one..that said I have a zebrawood glass/glass it's my go to pot...mine is alot raspier than his maple..i have killed quote a few birds with it..1st one outta my vest...have had quite a few hens come to the call also...i bought the zebrawood in 2011 ...i know he won DD Adams with a waterfall bubinga glass and I believe his maple slate...i have both

Row Jimmy

Thanks Jed.  So is the Maple fairly clear/clean sounding?  Are their volumes similar?  I am kind of looking for a call with less rasp, but still good volume, than the Twisted Sister that I have currently.  I hunt and live out west.  Big open country.

Thanks for ny more info.

jed clampett

My maple is a glass/slate It is clearer than the zebrawood glass/glass...i think the Zebrawood is closer to your twisted sister...i have a yellowheart crytal from Lon that is considerably louder..if I was looking for a loud crystal usually is higher pitched. Maybe try a good longbox if you really wanted a screamer...all my hunting is usually riverbottoms and flat farm ground.

Stump.270

There is a Birdseye glass in the classifieds if u need one quick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk