turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Buice Macassar Ebony trumpet

Started by chefrific, March 03, 2016, 11:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chefrific

Good for a laugh and I'm open to any suggestions for improvement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUbUlCIALCM

davisd9

Not bad at all, have heard worse from some that say they are better.  I would suggest relaxing your jaw and draw less air.  What mouthpiece are you using?
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

chefrific

Using the #3 mouthpiece.  Have a size smaller and a size up as well.

davisd9

Practice with the 4.  #3 is my favorite but the #4 helped me as I was learning.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Rapscallion Vermilion

Nothing to laugh at there.  You are off to a good start. 

Terry

I guarantee you could call turkey in with that

hunter22

Sounds real good to me. That is better than a lot of experienced trumpet players I have heard.

nitro

Sounds great!! Just practice everyday. You have good cadence and rasp. Definitely good enough. Congrats!!
Royal Slam 2008

chefrific

Man, y'all know how to make a guys head get bigger.  I appreciate the comments.  My wife (that is 7 months pregnant) is being systematically driven crazy by my practicing.   ;D

These trumpets sure are fun and addicting. 

paboxcall

Quote from: nitro on March 03, 2016, 01:00:51 PM
Sounds great!! Just practice everyday. You have good cadence and rasp. Definitely good enough. Congrats!!

:agreed:

You're off and running with plenty in that bag of trumpet tricks to hunt that call for sure!
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

drenalinld

That call is defective. Send it to me, I will try to sort it out this Spring and maybe next.

chefrific

Quote from: drenalinld on March 03, 2016, 02:42:30 PM
That call is defective. Send it to me, I will try to sort it out this Spring and maybe next.

mgm1955

drenalinld

That is one beauty of a horn. You are advancing very quickly.