News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

New York 2016

Started by Dr Juice, March 02, 2016, 03:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

TauntoHawk

Nice WNY and all the luck to you guys in Kentucky.

Got these texts from my buddy in NY while I was in the gym this morning

"Counted 97 last night on the flats (fields at the base of the mountain where he lives and we hunt) 10 were strutting but I know there's more a few younger toms broke off and have been doing their thing on the West end."

"These two and another joker were strutting up on the hill at _____'s farm this morning. Probably save this spot for Janelle (my wife) mid season"

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dr Juice

Awesome. Thx for the update.

Dr Juice

Did some scouting and observed 6 gobblers this past weekend. A couple were strutting with hens as seen in this photo. I took the picture through the windshield on a back road. They were 95-yds away according to the range finder. I guessed closer than that but the laser wins. We heard some gobbling and I'm guessing they may be getting hot in the southern zone. Who knows for sure since I have a scouting time constraint. None the less, I'm getting pumped for May 1st.

Dr Juice

Gentlemen - do you have any updates for us? Unfortunately I am stuck at home this weekend and cannot do any scouting.

philbilly223

Been seeing a group of four toms with 8 hens every few days in the same area since mid march in Schenectady county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Nice. Need him on our team scoreboard. Good luck.

TauntoHawk

Anyone have youths going out this weekend?

I'm gonna be down in MD hunting with family so I won't have a kids out in PA or NY this year, all the kids I used to take are too old and hunt with me during the regular season now but I will miss the look on a kids face the first time a bird rips just out of sight.

My buddy has two girls going out for their first ever hunt of any kind in NY, Greene County. He's got a killer spot picked out, scouted this morning at least 10-12 strutters on one farm spread out in about 4 groups. Lot of strutting and pushing around but will be tough to get them away from the hens.
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tunaguy

We'll scouted in Sullivan County this morning and wasn't too happy. Checked out 2 pieces of property we lease plus a couple spots on a WMA  nearby.. Hiked my but  off! Heard a hen on one of the WMA pieces but that was it. Made sure I was there at daybreak to listen for gobbling but didn't  hear a peep. Hope they're just resting up for next weekend.
" I wouldn't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member." Groucho Marx

CrustyRusty

gobbling like crazy last month...dead now.  Sadly seeing a lot of dead ones on the Taconic.

BABS9

Put a gobbler to sleep last week. Saturday morning only heard/seen 2 hens at one spot. No gobbling. Going to head out here soon to another spot. People ive been talking to have been saying not much gobbling right now.

Devastator

Heard a bunch in Chemung county this morning.

BABS9

Got another roosted tonight. Gobbled like crazy after he was on the limb.

Dr Juice

Saw four strutters this past weekend and hopefully I will be able to set up a meeting with at least one of them next week. Getting pumped and best of luck to you.

NYlogbeards

Have't been able to scout much but haven't heard or seen much some tracks but thats about it... Wondering where that flock of jakes and toms went I seen last fall, gonna head out Saturday and try to locate one before opening day.