OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New York 2016

Started by Dr Juice, March 02, 2016, 03:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry

April snow showers are pretty common in Oswego county. I'm not worried about it's effect on the turkey

NYlogbeards

Quote from: Terry on April 03, 2016, 02:16:43 PM
April snow showers are pretty common in Oswego county. I'm not worried about it's effect on the turkey

Yeah they are pretty common, but last season was all over the place and closing season is when things got good, hope they are ready for May 1st seems like there is big flocks this year  i seen a group of 12 males and 8 females during deer season just keeping my fingers crossed now.

OldSchool

Quote from: Terry on April 03, 2016, 02:16:43 PM

It might have kept them in the trees a little later this morning, but that's about it. If it even did that.

It sure is different here now compared to this morning and today. With the snow and wind I couldn't see out to the road most of the day.

Bob
Call 'em close, It's the most fun you'll ever have doing the right thing.

walnuts4x4

I've seen a few strutting out in the fields about a week ago when the weather was warm... Just put out trail cameras a few weeks ago and got a few pictures but they do seem to be breaking apart the winter flocks on my farm

NYlogbeards

It seems like everything is on track this year, what have you all been seeing in bird numbers?

TauntoHawk

Had a friend of a friend say he watched a gobbler bread a hen on Friday in Greene County. I don't know the guy too well how and wont voucher for his authenticness but that seems early.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dr Juice

Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 03, 2016, 10:14:30 PM
Had a friend of a friend say he watched a gobbler bread a hen on Friday in Greene County. I don't know the guy too well how and wont voucher for his authenticness but that seems early.

Friday was April Fool's day ... Was he pulling your leg?

Dr Juice

Quote from: walnuts4x4 on April 03, 2016, 07:36:51 PM
I've seen a few strutting out in the fields about a week ago when the weather was warm... Just put out trail cameras a few weeks ago and got a few pictures but they do seem to be breaking apart the winter flocks on my farm

Nice pics and thanx for sharing.

TauntoHawk

Quote from: mlisandro on April 04, 2016, 05:20:38 AM
Quote from: TauntoHawk on April 03, 2016, 10:14:30 PM

Friday was April Fool's day ... Was he pulling your leg?
I don't know, I've seen jakes and young toms for a lack of a better term, mount nothing and hump the air. I'm half assuming that's what he say at distance and thought it was breeding activity. I just have a hard time believing that a few early warm days trick an animals instincts 

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OldSchool

Thanks for the pics walnut44 and  :welcomeOG:

Bob

Terry

Seen my first strutter in Oswego county today

Dr Juice

NYlogbeards

Quote from: Terry on April 04, 2016, 07:11:26 PM

What area in Oswego? I hunt Granby and Scriba area haven't seen a thing.

OldSchool

Quote from: Terry on April 04, 2016, 07:11:26 PM

Cool! I watched a couple strutting in 8-10 inches of snow this morning. Beautiful sight.

Bob

WNY Bowhunter

If this guy keeps on doing what he's doing now he is gonna get a headache on 4/23! Love this spot, it's produced youth gobblers by 6:30 on opening morning for the past three years running. I can't wait to kick the season off in KY next weekend...

"I'm not from New Yawk.  I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"
"It's not a passion. It's an OBSESSION."