Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hallorans wenge/walnut slate or twisted sister?

Started by RiverRoost, March 02, 2016, 10:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRoost

I like the way the wenge sounds but I just ran across his twisted sister w persimmon striker clip on his Facebook page and dang does it sound good. Hard choice bc they both sound awesome! Opinions?

Gobbleandgrunt

chefrific

His metal mouth crystal is unbelievable.  His video does not do it justice.  Like the previous post said.  Buy them all!
Can't go wrong with any of his pots!

870BkWht

I'm sure all of his calls sound awesome, but I have the Crystal Mistress, and Double Glass and they both are amazing.  I had his twisted sister and the Metal Mouth.  The Mistress, Double Glass, and Twisted Sister all sound better than the Metal Mouth in my opinion.  Again, all of them will and do sound great, but I think certain ones sound better than others and of the 2 you asked about, my vote is for the Twisted Sister

greentag

my vote is for the slate i have about 6 of his calls and since i got the new slate at nashville it has become my favorite,my second favorite is his double glass,that call rocks and really never gets the credit his crystals do but to me it sounds amazing,and is really easy running and consistant if that makes since.i like the crystals but just like these two better.

870BkWht

Quote from: greentag on March 03, 2016, 02:59:23 AM
my vote is for the slate i have about 6 of his calls and since i got the new slate at nashville it has become my favorite,my second favorite is his double glass,that call rocks and really never gets the credit his crystals do but to me it sounds amazing,and is really easy running and consistant if that makes since.i like the crystals but just like these two better.

I cant speak for his new Slate, but I totally agree about the Double Glass.  It gets overshadowed by the crystal surfaced calls and I'm telling ya it will downright hunt. 

Terry

Quote from: chefrific on March 02, 2016, 03:09:51 PM
His metal mouth crystal is unbelievable.  His video does not do it justice.  Like the previous post said.  Buy them all!
Can't go wrong with any of his pots!
I agree. Not sure why it doesn't get the attention the others do.

RiverRoost

Just ordered the wenge slate from David since I don't own a slate yet. Thought I had one bought on here but it fell through so I went straight to him and told him whatever striker the thinks sounds best.

greentag

Stump.270

I posted a sound file of his double glass in the sound file section another call to look at is Sadler mcraw his calls are fairly priced and sound great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KYHeadhunter02