Best striker

Started by Mossberg835, March 01, 2016, 07:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutt down

Larry Gresser snakewood

Bowguy

If prob take a Snakewood w tulipwood n Dymondwood being very close seconds

ZachH28

Snakewood! I have yet to find a call it does not run well on. Well worth the price in my opinion

idratherb

each call can like a different striker, Ive bought a _hit load over the years and then matched a few with each of my pots and sold the rest. Its easy to get all caught up in have a million. Its funny 10 years ago I had a cody pot and 1 striker and never had trouble killing turkeys..

Jbird22

Quote from: idratherb on March 07, 2016, 09:33:47 AM
...Its funny 10 years ago I had a cody pot and 1 striker and never had trouble killing turkeys..
Same here and killed more birds with it than any other the fancier ones I have today. Not saying these aren't killers but we definitely over analyze what it takes to call a turkey.

SteelerFan

Quote from: JBIRD22 on March 07, 2016, 09:40:56 AM
...Its funny 10 years ago I had a cody pot and 1 striker and never had trouble killing turkeys..
Same here and killed more birds with it than any other the fancier ones I have today. Not saying these aren't killers but we definitely over analyze what it takes to call a turkey.
Amen!!  :agreed:

Bowguy

each call can like a different striker, Ive bought a _hit load over the years and then matched a few with each of my pots and sold the rest. Its easy to get all caught up in have a million. Its funny 10 years ago I had a cody pot and 1 striker and never had trouble killing turkeys..
I agree I had a Cody Woodsman w an old Cody dark hickory striker. The stick runs great on lots of calls, the old Cody pot had killed tons of birds

Stickbow98

Ditto on the old faithfuls! I've got a closet full of awesome custom calls...but my fav hunting calls are still a Cody Envy Slate, and an Old Jake 1-Hander (for in close work).
BOTH run like honey with the Cody Heavy Hickory, my #1 choice of strikers.
"Have Bow & Benelli....Will Travel!"

drenalinld

I agree jeff, but where's the fun in that??

idratherb

Good point David, there is something to be said in the anticipation of "the box" in the mailbox

boatpaddle

Quote from: idratherb on March 07, 2016, 02:38:24 PM
Good point David, there is something to be said in the anticipation of "the box" in the mailbox

Oh, yea......The anticipation of that package in your mailbox filled with the newest, latest, & greatest magic pixie dust call, that you couldn't live without..... :blob10: :blob10:

Then come season, & you still grab some ole' trusted companion(s), that are tried and serve you with the utmost confidence....

If I could save the money, instead of buying all these turkey calls.......

Oh, never mind, that ain't gonna happen... :begging:
Recognize
Adapt
Overcome

jed clampett

I buy lots of pots every year...do I need all of them... heck no...sometimes a different sound does make the difference...you get a hot gobbler an he seems like he will come running with a limited amount of calling on just about anything....you should see my musky tackle box(es) every size an color imaginable..but I always go to my old favorites..LOL

Footballer

Halloran ipe or Lonzo two piece dymondwood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk