OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

11-87

Started by DTGobble, February 28, 2016, 08:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DTGobble

Hello to everyone, first post other than my introduction post.  I have a question.  I just ordered my daughter a 20 ga. 11-87, compact model.  I've done alot of searching on this site and many others, without a clear answer.  She has trouble with her vision, and can see scopes and red dots easier than a bead or iron sites.  The B-Square mount says 12,16 or 20 gauge with a sreial number including an "X or N".  Problem is, I dont have the gun yet, and do not know if these letters will be in the serial number or not.  I'd like to have them ordered so we can start shooting once the gun gets here.  Thanks in advance for the help.

wvmntnhick

Can't answer that for you but can say one thing for sure. Had mine drilled and tapped for a mount. Found it to be superior to the saddle mount for a few reasons but others may disagree. If you're concerned about the mount not fitting, call around and find a reputable gunsmith. If you can get the timeline established, may be able to drop it off and get it back the same day. Just a thought.

DTGobble

Thank you wvmnthick,  ultimatley thats what i would like to do.  Everywhere I look I see people saying they had theirs drilled and tapped with no issues, and then others saying the metal is too thin.  I just was'nt sure.

cluck

The serial number on mine does not contain the letters you mention. Mine has the letters r,s and m. Mine is a compact with 21 inch barrel and extra recoil pad. I think the shortest the length of pull will go 12 1/2 inch's. Some brands of saddle mounts will not enter change between different gauges. Read carefully about what might work. Hope she gets her a big tom this spring!!!    Cluck

rock54

bought a 1187 20 gauge 2yrs ago and had it drilld and tap by a great gunsmith in my area....

the top of the barrel is thinner than the 870, so he askd me and i agreed to pin the barrel to the

receiver as this gun is my dedicated turkey gun only, have not had any issues with it....just info for you

to know, good luck russ