OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Good call for kee kees

Started by KYHeadhunter02, February 27, 2016, 09:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KYHeadhunter02

Who makes a good one to run kee kees? Ideally something that is fairly easy to run and sounds great all the way around. :turkey2:

Stump.270

The Halloran glass and crystal calls do it well the Sadler Mcgraw hybrid hen will too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

870BkWht

I have a 3.25 '' Titanium call made by John Sinclair that can do it all including kee kees.  That pot call will kee kee so effortlessly anyone could do a kee kee run. 

Any good ceramic or crystal will also get you there. 

Bowguy

Almost any pot will do it. Slates may be toughest but many can. I'd stay w Crystal, glass or aluminum though. Chances are you already have a perfect call for these sounds

idratherb

any pot call worth a darn will kee kee

callmakerman

Beard Hunter calls ( Russell Beard ) makes a single sided box call that Kee Kee's like crazy and runs so easy. Great guy to talk to and get you hooked up fast.

packmule

Quote from: callmakerman on February 28, 2016, 08:25:01 AM
Beard Hunter calls ( Russell Beard ) makes a single sided box call that Kee Kee's like crazy and runs so easy. Great guy to talk to and get you hooked up fast.

Good recommendation.

KYHeadhunter2, Russell had a video of himself running the call on his website if you're interested in hearing it.

Swather

Quote from: KYHeadhunter02 on February 27, 2016, 09:02:03 PM
Who makes a good one to run kee kees? Ideally something that is fairly easy to run and sounds great all the way around.

A ghost cut mouth call is pretty easy, and a batwing if you learn to cant it inside your mouth.  Scott Ellis' videos will show you how.

An aluminum call with a synthetic tip works well, and there are purr pots made by Sadler McGraw and others.  It can be done on a slate or glass call too.

I believe it is harder on a box call than those, but this is Russell Beard's video.  Russell is not a loud self-promoter like a lot of makers, but his calls are good across the board.  I have a slate pot in walnut from him that several callers better than me have offered to buy from me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7lRFA4KPTI

Swather

One of the best things you can do is buy from a local custom call maker and spend some time with him so he can show you how. 

Where are you located?

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: idratherb on February 28, 2016, 08:15:48 AM
any pot call worth a darn will kee kee
I LOL'D but you're spot on.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

KYHeadhunter02

Quote from: Swather on March 02, 2016, 05:27:26 PM
One of the best things you can do is buy from a local custom call maker and spend some time with him so he can show you how. 

Where are you located?

Kentucky.

I've watched videos and they make it look easy!