Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Birth of some boxcalls....... Kimble 4 call set !!!!!

Started by Yoder409, February 26, 2016, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

Called Steve Kimble a few weeks back needing him to make a loudmouthed paddle call for my brother to kill some Rio's with.

Ends up, his wood supplier had closed up shop and he didn't have what I was hoping for.  The longer we talked, it occurred to me that I, in fact, DID have what I was looking for.  So I UPS'ed him some purpleheart and a couple pattern grade mahogany blanks.  He was to send me back two matched sets of purpleheart over mahogany 6-check shortbox and longbox.

The wood arrived on his porch the next day and just a couple days later I get a text............ said he was starting on the calls that morning and he would send me pics of the process !!!

Thought yinz might enjoy the birth of some fine, FINE boxcalls:

Then today...................... they landed in my mailbox !!!!

Boys............. !!!!   These things are as much a work of art, each one, to the ears as they are to the eyes !!!  I told Steve I wanted the longboxes to talk to a gobbler twice as far as he could talk back to me.  Not sure if I went outside right here in Pennsylvania right now that I wouldn't be talking to some Texas Rio's if I fired up one of those paddle calls !!!!  What a craftsman and a gentleman..............  Thank you and thank you, again Steve !!!!!

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

That's some awesome work right there!  Step outside, bet I can hear them all over here at my place!  Your brother is a lucky guy!

Congrats on a great bunch of calls.
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

Yoder409

You probably could.......................and yes he is.     ;D

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Smooth_Operator

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep,  
But I have promises to keep,  
And miles to go before I sleep,  
And miles to go before I sleep."

packmule

That's funny, I talked to Steve a few weeks back about an order and told him I'd probably wait until March, he said that'd be fine cause he just had a guy order 4 calls....guess I know who that is now  :) Congratulations, those are fine looking calls!

Yoder409

Quote from: packmule on February 26, 2016, 11:07:12 PM......... he said that'd be fine cause he just had a guy order 4 calls....guess I know who that is now  :) Congratulations, those are fine looking calls!

Guilty !!!     ;D

PA elitist since 1979

mgm1955

Yoder409

Thank you for the kind words !!

Gave my brother his pair at breakfast this morning.  Overwhelmed, to say the least, as was the rest of the Saturday morning breakfast crew.

Not so sure everyone else in the restaurant was quite so impressed once the calls started going around the table and getting put through their requisite paces...........................     ;D
PA elitist since 1979

KentuckyHeadhunter

Loyal Member of the Tenth Legion

Spring Creek Calls

Fine box calls from a very good call maker. Congratulations to you and your brother.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

ElkTurkMan

Beautiful boxes. I enjoyed reading this post and the pictures.

WyoHunter

If I had a dollar for every gobbler I thought I fooled I'd be well off!