OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hank's Game Calls

Started by rbreedi1, February 26, 2016, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbreedi1

Anyone here use any of Hank's Game Calls? Just curious what everyone thought of them and if anyone uses them. Thanks
Thunder Ridge Totes

Stump.270

I have a buddy who has a hanks aluminum and he loves it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeStaten

I've got his aluminum in maple pot.  It's a really good call.  High pitched with pretty good rasp.  I just got his glass over aluminum in zebrawood (the combo he won the DD Adams with this year).  It sounds great as well.  On par with some of the better known callmakers.  The glass call will be coming with me on opening day.

rbreedi1

Quote from: MikeStaten on February 26, 2016, 12:10:52 PM
I've got his aluminum in maple pot.  It's a really good call.  High pitched with pretty good rasp.  I just got his glass over aluminum in zebrawood (the combo he won the DD Adams with this year).  It sounds great as well.  On par with some of the better known callmakers.  The glass call will be coming with me on opening day.

You wouldn't happen to have a sound file on that glass over aluminum would ya? I would love to hear one ran. Thanks
Thunder Ridge Totes

Tom Dooley

I played his calls at the convention and I really liked them. I didn't buy any but I have been wishing I had. I am not sure why we don't hear more about them on here.

Beards and Hooks

You guys' that have some of these or have ran some, just curious how you like Hanks strikers, they look real nice to me and easy to run?

REBELYELL

Quote from: MikeStaten on February 26, 2016, 12:10:52 PM

I am waiting on my Zebrawood glass over aluminum.

scoot12

I think on Hanks facebook page,  their are some clips of guys running his calls.  Scoot

yelpaholic

the one at the convention was nasty  :z-winnersmiley:

Ozark870Hunter

My zebrawood glass over aluminum came in the mail yesterday.
Been running it all day. Its a winner. Been running it alongside my Halloran doubleglass which I consider my best sounding glass pot, and the Hanks glass keeps up. A little higher pitched. Good rasp on the rollover.
I agree,  :z-winnersmiley:
United Front Armory
Custom built firearms
Top quality cerakote applications
https://www.facebook.com/UnitedFrontArmory/

TRKYHTR

RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

Tennessee Lead

Quote from: TRKYHTR on February 26, 2016, 09:22:09 PM
I think his calls sound great. Here is me running his glass call.

https://www.facebook.com/joe.slaton/videos/1168521999832735/

That sounds like a killer to me!

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

OHturkey85

I have a padauk slate over glass that sounds great it will make your ear drums vibrate!

Cutt

Never used them, but would like to check out his Aluminum. Won 1st and 2nd in 2015, which must say something coming from unbiased ears of judges?

longhorn

I have the ambrosia maple aluminum, the padauk aluminum, a cedar slate, and a maple glass. The maple aluminum is the call that took 2nd at last years Midwest. I think the Padauk sounds just as good only not as high pitched. They are my favorite aluminum calls. I also have a cedar slate that is very good. I have five of his calls and the new call is shipped. His calls are consistently good.